Cycling Memes and Jokes

11 Likes

Did they give you that shirt for free after coming in for a tube and leaving with a new set of rims?

5 Likes

26 Likes

11 Likes

100 Likes

Kudos to Dylan for wielding such power! :smile:

4 Likes

I mean…it doesnt take much to see that 6 days of intensity it TOO much intensity for 90% of the people

4 Likes

THIS! LOL. I can’t even look at that thread. People be crazy! :rofl:

4 Likes

Nice work! For sure my favorite response to the whole thread!

2 Likes

26 Likes

Is that Nate Dogg?

4 Likes

I don’t know. I agree and disagree for various reasons. The reason most can’t do HV is their FTP is too high. Thus, they’re definitely going to struggle or burnout. I think this overestimated FTP problem applies to many on MV and LV as well. Then there are those who say, “Oh I’m feeling good today, I’ll crank it up 5%”. NO! NO! NO! Just stick w/the plan and do the prescribed work. Lastly, you have to be able to handle the load and recover. Whether it’s too much volume and intensity starting from zero, too much life stress, inadequate sleep, bad nutrition, or some combination of the aforementioned, it will lead to HV FAIL.

Another thing I see from here on the forum and in real life is that some people are not prepared to work hard and/or suffer to make the gains they want. It’s like “I’m sweating, I must be overtraining!” (extreme exaggeration and joke :joy:)

:man_shrugging:

8 Likes

(i think you guys are lost, this is the meme thread)

48 Likes

Haha! I apologize for straying and won’t let it happen again :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

We demand memes in penance.

24 Likes

“Most realistic feeling flywheel, compact design and completely wireless. 5/5 stars” - DC rainmaker

4 Likes

I’ve had this exact mindset, but the other way around. I ride outdoors in the winter in below freezing temps while all other local riders stay indoors. There’s 1 dog in particular that I’m always riding past and it chases me every time, but doesn’t get nasty. So I do just enough to barely stay ahead of it. Every winter I notice the dog’s endurance improving as it last longer and longer. So I feel my job over the winter is improving the dog’s endurance and create a “super dog” for when it warms up and everyone else starts riding outdoors. :rofl:

17 Likes

…The reason most can’t do HV is their FTP is too high…

It’s worth noting that back when TR released their ramp test, there was a lot of discussion on the subject, and some of the heavy hitters in the industry (e.g. Coggan) explicitly predicted that it would lead to folks overtraining or at least not seeing the results people wanted. e.g. TrainerRoad New FTP test (Page 3): Triathlon Forum: Slowtwitch Forums. (The slowtwitch thread is a wonderful read that has aged well!)

4y8pj7

27 Likes

23 Likes