9 Likes

They’d call it TLWND or CRSSWND :grinning:

22 Likes

30 Likes

54 Likes

32 Likes

79j3pf

26 Likes

I did last year. (The wife still doesn’t realize it) It feels so weird… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

But at my age, I told someone my actual FTP, and they said 'NO WAY!!! Are you sure, NO WAY!!!

I was embarrassed and insulted. YES, that is my REAL FTP! WTF?!?! (And TrainerRoad says it’s actually likely higher! :flushed:)

My new road bike kind of showed up in the garage. Haven’t heard a peep about it. I did do some prep on the mtb as it’s kind of hard to hide a screaming orange FS XC bike with a lefty.

2 Likes

Oh, they know. I put my new fat bike in my workshop in the basement. I thought she never went into the basement and wasn’t looking to ride it for a few weeks.

Then…

It came up in a small argument we had about a week later. I was shocked, and that did not play well into that argument. Women have a way to make things look a lot worse than they are (actually any person in a relationship can do that) and she ended up turning it into a argument about ‘keeping secrets’, and that I was obviously ‘embarrassed at buying the bike’. I wasn’t embarrassed about buying it, but embarrassed that I felt I had to hide it. The hard part of the whole argument was she was right. Hiding the bike was wrong, assuming she wouldn’t find it was childish, and she ended up seeing that the purchase was a ‘good idea for me’ in the end, and I ended up racing on it a few times too.

I know you were kidding about hiding it, and I wasn’t seriously thinking that she would never find it, but she called me on the whole thing, and so I do try to include her in the buying decisions (except the gravel bike I got last year. Yeah, I do feel somewhat embarrassed for buying that one)

But one related thing that did change: She used to argue that expensive bikes were ‘a waste of money’, and that spending as much as I did on my roadie was ‘ridiculous’, until I found a holdover (female specific) model similar to mine, and she bought it. Oh yeah, the ‘money wasted’ was so awesome… She loves her ‘expensive bike’, and wouldn’t trade it for anything, although she was not quite happy with how much it cost but sees what that bought. I was horrified that a then 4 year-old bike only got a $100 discount… (sigh)

A comedian joked that wives have ‘radar’ and a ‘seventh sense’, and it’s hard to argue with that. I did not try to hide the Kickr Bike, or its Neo Smart replacement. What’s the use. She probably sensed a disturbance in the force the moment I bought each one of them.

5 Likes

Abu Rakah, Saudi Arabia

A donkey crosses the road while the peloton is competing during Stage 3, a 159.2km stage

Add your own peloton commentary.

12 Likes

Tell everyone to haul ass

11 Likes

30 Likes

AT during my last FTP assessment. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

28 Likes

consistency is the true king

3 Likes

There is a 9 minute (for me) climb that I like to do repeats on. The KOM is a good 3 minutes faster and there’s no way I’ll ever get close. But I’m the local legend every summer so I got that going for me. But honestly I don’t pay attention to it much, I’d rather have the KOM.

8 Likes