Favero Assioma Replacement offer/recall?

I did not like this idea either. However, I went ahead and deactivated mine yesterday. Didn’t seem like we have a choice and we must deactivate it before they send new one.

I just received a notification from DHL that my new pedal should be to me Monday the 30th. Quicker than I thought it would be - I am in MN so your mileage my vary depending on where you are.

Just as a data point, Garmin has twice shipped me new Vector 3s and I just sent my old ones back, no gap in having a power meter. They put a charge on my credit card, but clear it within 24hrs of receipt. I was an early Vector 3 adopter so lived through all the issues in 2018-2020, but their service was great in that regard. Wish Favero did the same for you guys, seems simple enough?

Are you happy with the Vectors now?

Yeah I haven’t had any issues with them in probably 3 years, have had them 5 years total.

1 Like

Hey,

I am using Duo-shi and i got the email, they are only replacing one side.

Thanks

2 Likes

Seem Favero offering an aggressive after-service, however, it’s usually not a good way to deal it (potential quality issue) like this. Email individually without giving suitable explanation and declaration, users who received email will still go asking for other users through internet social forums, then resulting in uncontrollable effects.

Just a shout out to Favero … I bought my Duo Looks in 2018 and they’ve been flawless ever since.

Sounds like their customer service is top notch. I wonder when mine will finally fail …

1 Like

I completely disagree. I am actually a bit disappointed that I don’t qualify for a recall but big shout out to Favero. My next PM will 100% be Favero again

1 Like

have to disable (“Blocked”) left sending unit to access recall

Do we have any idea what the actual problem is yet?

…ok about 2 day DHL shipping from italy. old one is blocked but new pedal linked to older right pedal and seem to work fine. seem totally worth the effort. but now i can see someone selling the old one on ebay and saying “i dont know whats wrong and as is”.

unless someone smart know how to un-“blocked” the reject pedal. i thought it was working fine before the app offered me a new left pedal: i could toss it back on the gf’s bike and make sure she is working when she says she is… haha

1 Like

Received mine in April last year. Pandemic time made me think it was at least 2+ years ago. No notice, can only assume everything is perfect, happy days…

thanks for the replies - i went ahead and did it on saturday and the replacement has just arrived at home - Tuesday. Looks like Favero are all over it. I’ll install them tonight.

1 Like

I got the new Left pedal for my duo set … but now n Zwift the wattage if about 1/2 ? the link on Zwift indicates assioma Left and Assioma right … as if they are not linked / duo mode ?
Please help ? any suggestions? I tried to reboot several time , start again , travel mode on off , nothing works ,

You have to go into the “Compatibility with other apps” section of the settings and switch it to report all power through the left pedal. For some reason the replacement defaulted to “report power independently” - mine did the same thing.

3 Likes