Tarmac SL7 Release date

Yh I kind of like the reviews from different websites and everything but I rather a review of someone who isn’t going to get paid for it, just a regular guy who got it and shares his own experiences. I’m sure everything gonna be awesome but maybe someone can be realistic and say hey, it’s an amazing bike but… you know?

Only 2 colors per bike listed on the website?
Will there be more? When?

I don’t expect there will be more colors. If you want different colors than the full bike specs, you’ll have to build up a frame in all likelihood. And even so, most of the frames are already sold out.

Hey guys
Any idea on the weight/stiffness of the pro vs the S-works? I know the pro is fact 10r and the s-works fact 11r just wondering if any one has any insight

I hope you are right about stem position being essentially the same between the SL6 and SL7. Was worried when I saw 1 cm lower stack for the 58cm SL7 compared to SL6. Thanks for the information!!

I found that pro weight 7,3 kg so it’s 0,5 kg heavier then Sworks.

Here you are a review of the new tarmac pro plus pictures of the red tint carbon version, to be honest looks so much different on here than what you see on the pictures.

3 Likes

Has anybody been able to find a real life picture of the Tarmac Pro (Blue Tint Fade/Smoke/Metallic White Silver)… crazy how the frames look so different in real life compared to the website. Not sure why they dont just post profesional “real life” pictures and make everybody’s decision making easier.

THANKS!

Wow I ordered the Pro in Red tint this morning(after the USA website was down for 2 hours).

This video looks COMPLETELY different than the photos on the specialized website.

Looks black practically with hints of burgundy.
Not really sure if I made the right decision now…

Was also considering a venge pro for only 1,000$ more.

If it’s the same color as the red epic it’s really cool.

1 Like

That’s the thing with Specialized. Their bikes have unique paint jobs that often change color depending on the lighting.

I’m willing to bet in direct sun that bike will pop with more red showing vs. in low lighting it looking more black with a hint of red.

IMHO I wish Spesh would take professional photos from different angles and lighting because it’s hard to tell their colors unless you take on out for a spin.

3 Likes

This is just kind of odd to me as I think out loud here:

Just bought a Venge Pro… comparing to Tarmac Pro:

• Venge is FACT11r ; Tarmac FACT 10. Venge +.7 lbs.
  • Venge is slightly more aero.
  • Venge wheels are tubeless ready out of the box; Tarmac doesn’t support.
  • Looks like Tarmac Rapide is a 64mm rear. Venge is 50.
  • Same stack and reach.

Venge cost $1000 more. Now, if I indeed convert to tubeless across all my road bikes, it’s a savings for now as I can run that on the stock Rovals. And the Venge has one generation higher end carbon, but a bit more weight with just a shade more aero. Kinda the same bike…

Not sure what it is. Just kind of “meh” about this. Actually kind of glad that this isn’t a marked, head slapping year over year upgrade, at least IME.

Yep. I took this picture with the sun shining through some trees and hitting different spots on the bike.

17 Likes

That’s a badass colorway, man. Spesh has done some cool stuff lately.

1 Like

i wonder how much of the aero savings comes from the wheels and bars. the aero figures being tossed around today (the 45 second savings one) includes the 51/60mm deep wheels that are included on the expert trim and up and wheels are one of the bigger places to make aero gains, along with the aerofly bars (another important area for aero gains).

I know we’ll never see this data, but it makes me wonder what the drag would be if you were to mix and match parts between the other new do-it-all bikes that have been released this year. Like if you were to put aerofly 2 bars and these rapide wheels on the new emonda, what’s the aero diff between the two?

How holistic is the design of this bike?

also it’s kind of wild to see a 5k bike with alloy rims and no aero bars.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pics.

In all honesty that looks like a Ron Jones paint scheme I saw on his instagram a months ago, which is why I felt it would do that in sunlight.

I also noticed he had the same black/redish maroon color scheme, but his had a reflective aspect.

On top of changing color in sunlight, in low light when hit with a flash from a camera, it had a reflective quality to it.

I’m curious as to if yours will do the same.

1 Like

Do we have any real pics or video of blue Pro version?

Looking at that review it was also clear that they are releasing a Rapide CL wheel set. Does anyone know usually how long before they are released to buy separately?

I found a pair of Rapide CLX for about 2000usd, but if the CLs are gonna be much cheaper then it might be worth waiting for those…

You wont see an accurate colour representation unless your screen is colour calibrated.

The only difference between the two wheel sets after the CLX’s have ceramic bearings.