Tarmac SL7 Release date

Am i the only one who finds the colors utterly disgusting? Similar to the new Canondale. It’s dull and boring. Show some courage. Put bright orange on it (bit in a nice way). Make a matte gray one like Orbea has. Green, blue, red, all extremely dark. For me personally, even the bare framesets are ugly painted.

2 Likes

what tool/socket do I need to remove the BB on the new SL7?

which bottom bracket/drivetrain? You’ll need one to match - either dura ace cut or Sram dub cut.

sorry SRAM eTap red

You need a dub bottom bracket tool, like this or similar:

great, thank you… i think I have one of those.

Boomshoes

Where is your review about the bike? im sure you are enjoying it like a kid.

1 Like

havent received yet, getting ready thought :slight_smile:

I assume different than BBT-79 park tool?

Odd… the LBS here shows 2 of 3 Expert colors with Roval wheels which does not match the product description or Spesh site…

I have placed an order for a frame and am looking to move my existing components over to it. Given the SRAM red AXS that comes with the Venge, does anyone happen to know if I need a standard bsa 68mm threaded dub BB or something else, seems there is a road and a road wise version and need to get an order in.

That is assuming the frame doesn’t come with a BB included?

TIA

48x10-36 is almost exactly the same gear range as 53/39x11-28.

1 Like

In regards to venge pro vs tarmac sl7 pro.

Okay the aerodynamics are similar, but I wonder what about the handling on curvy roads? Or maneuvering the bike at higher speeds in general.

no, that should work for the dub BB.

Its a 68 BSA threaded. The standard threaded DUB should work. Chris King makes a BB and conversion kit that should fit (and their website has a fit finder). Given the plethora of bottom bracket and crank options, it’s highly unlikely the frame will include a BB.

1 Like

If the geometries are as similar as I’ve read, I can’t imagine there’s a marked difference. As I mentioned, my Venge is more compliant than my older SuperSix, so either way I’m good.

I doubt many are going to be comparing Venge Pro to Tarmac SL7 pro for purchase given the lack of availability of Venges anymore so it’s just a thought experiment. I’m obviously not going to.m get to side by side them, so… I wish!

1 Like

Last year, in addition to ceramic, the CLX had aero spokes and the CL did not. Not sure if that changed.

Gorgeous!

1 Like

I love both the blue and that transparent red. Hard choice for me. Gorgeous bike!

The SL7 Blue and Red look dope. Not tempted as I have a 2020 SL6 that I love but maybe in a few years.