Thinking about a $2/month price raise

Although I agree with your sentiment, I would just like to point out that the price you pay has increased 330% since end of 2020 if you account for the exchange rate.

If TR use the new Zwift API, it just gives (slightly) more reason to pay for both. I don’t see any case for offering a combined lower cost subscription.

3 Likes

Yeah, for me the cost has increased from NOK 732 in November 2020 (79 USD x 9.27 NOK/USD) to NOK 2,247 (210 USD x estimated 10.7 NOK/USD, i.e. the price has increased by 207%.

And if you calculate from April 2021 it’s 247%.

Inflation and new features aside, that is a noticable change.

Legacy ($99) subscriber here that accepted the 15% discount based on the value and gains TR gave me.

The latest increase is a further 11% increase on what I’ll pay. @Nate_Pearson based on this latest increase you owe me 11%, or 27 more watts. :wink:

3 Likes

Another legacy ($99) user thankful for the option to stay at this price.
I would probably subscribe for the increased price but would consider switching to a different platform for a season (no other platform subscriptions currently). The only concern is that there have not been enough new features that are relevant to me.

Sadly its time for me to say goodbye to TR, I won’t be renewing after my current year is up - As a longtime subscriber who was grandfathered in to $99 / year, accepted the need for price increase and when i went to look for the discount option, I could never find it on my account, was charged the full amount, which pissed me off but i let it go - Still cannot understand why this was not an automatic option for the grandfathers.

ZWIFT which i use to ride in while using TR to relieve the boredom of looking at a blue chart increased their pricing, I opted to dump that and stick with TR, now it seems all these apps are just getting out of reach financially, especially when you live in my country and factor in the exchange rate.

I fired up both MyWhoosh & Indievelo and tried them out, really impressed with what they have to offer. The fact that they are currently free certainly overrides the few unique options like Adaptive Training & AI FTP detection which is what i mainly used with the training plans.

So cheera TR, its been a blast !

1 Like

That would be smart. What little competition there is, would instantly cease to be.

Replying to no one in particular but to everyone who opted to get out of the legacy pricing tier, I have a hard time understanding what was unclear about the move. Nate et al were very clear that people opting out would be subject to whatever price increases came in the future and that there would be no further legacy tiers or anyone being grandfathered-in.

This, of course, doesn’t change anyone’s freedom to do whatever they want with their money, that goes without saying (said it anyway).

5 Likes

I know most people don’t realize it, but the term “grandfathered” is a racist term and was used aa a way to deprive black people of their rights.

It would be great if we could use terms like “legacied” or similar options instead of “grandfathered”.

14 Likes

TR for me is much more than indoor training platform. To invest on outdoor part would difrentiate TR even further. But yeah if TR is used only indoors then i fully agree with you.

Perhaps it would be more reasonable if you didn’t just copy last year’s increase justification, or at least removed the “Last time we raised the price was Aug 2019, or almost 5 years ago” bit.

How often are we to expect 10% increases now? What improvements have been made since the last increase?

2 Likes

I didn’t know that. Thank you. :+1:

5 Likes

Yeah, most people don’t…I didn’t know it until relatively recently (and I was a History / PoliSci major). Unfortunately, it has now become common vernacular, which is an example of how racism and racist terms get normalized in society.

For those interested…

11 Likes

I’m in the UK, so our history is different. Sometimes in subtle ways. Sometimes in less subtle ways.

… but it’s a big old globe and it’s good to at least try to have a broad perspective that encompasses more than 0.5% of it.

:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Were you able to use MyWhoosh or IndieVelo while using TR?

3 Likes

This is SO impressive . Well done for putting in the work! That is no easy feat, regarldess how seemless we aim to make things on our end :muscle:.

:face_holding_back_tears: :heart_hands: We appreciate you sharing this. That is our goal and it makes us so happy that you see the value in it :heart: :heart:.

Keep crushing!! :raised_hands:

1 Like

On the practical side of things…keeping my subscription allows me to keep AIFTP, which means I don’t have to take another FTP test.

$2 a month is worth every penny. :crazy_face:

13 Likes