šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰ Announcement: Personalized Custom Training Plans! šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

Interestingā€¦RLGL could play a role indeed and maybe could explain these unexpected behaviorsā€¦so if your assumption would be correct then I could stumble my way out of a warning by adding even more volume/intensity the days before as long as these are followed by restā€¦?!

Nevertheless if so then TR should confirm this behavior.

On the one hand it would indeed be kind of smart but on the other hand there might be better warnings texts for different scenarios like

• overall volume or time seems too much for you based on training history
  • intensity/volume on weekend is not backed by enough volume during the week
  • Not enough rest between workouts etc.

At least the point that itā€™s unclear if these scenarios with switching warnings (I pictured in my post above and others pointed out as well) is a bug or a feature shows that more transparency / explanation needed in the UI.

2 Likes

Could we auto-proceed to the next page in the ā€œYour Custom Plan is Ready for Reviewā€ step? There is just the button ā€œView my custom planā€ and no other option so why the need to manually click?

2 Likes

Problem is that the ā€œsignalā€ is coming from a black box, so while itā€™s possible to hypothesise as Iā€™ve done, there likely isnā€™t a means of outputting a specific condition for exactly whatā€™s triggered any given warning.

First of all, I had a very helpful chat with Eddie yesterday and we found a modification of the suggested custom training plan that made sense to me (1h hard intervals on Tue and Thu, 1.5h solo endurance ride on Sat, 2h endurance on Sun). However, I was playing around a little and came up with this:

I really have trouble imagining how the second plan could be harder than the recommended oneā€¦

11 Likes

same hereā€¦ read my post (6 before yours)ā€¦ i think they will have some work to do. :wink:

2 Likes

Any word on timing of triathlon getting this feature parity? Iā€™m pretty much at my wits end with TrainerRoad not having feature parity on running.

At a bare minimum, right now Iā€™m training for cycling events, but still want some run volume. Can I use this new plan builder and add some run workouts to the calendar and have it adapt around those planned runs?

1 Like

+1 on this. I donā€™t want to drop running altogether because starting back up from zero again SUCKS. I currently plan on just running and hoping the system will adjust my cycling workouts as needed from the intensity on my runs that import to the system.

4 Likes

I thought adding the new sport types does what youā€™re asking
https://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en-us/articles/24289133801627-New-Sport-Types-Supported-with-Activity-Sync#what-new-sport-types-are-supported

1 Like

I did some playing around with it and it will adapt to completed runs, but it doesnā€™t look like it adapts around planned runs. So its sort of working, but you also basically wonā€™t know what upcoming cycling workouts you have until youā€™ve completed the runs. Its also going to be missing out on providing suggestions for running workouts in relation to your overall goals/schedule.

1 Like

Hey, so you definitely ran into a bug. We had 8 people looking at your account for 2 hours yesterday :smile:. But we found the issue, fixed it, and itā€™s in testing now.

It should be good later today.

The bug you had was that three different training approaches all gave the same plan, which shouldnā€™t happen.

Weā€™ll let you know when itā€™s up, then you can try again.

8 Likes

Thank you for reporting that; well get that fixed in the new calendar

Are you still having this issue? I went into your account and was able to create a plan. Can you try again, please?

If you still have issues, please email what youā€™re doing to support@trainerroad.com :pray:. Iā€™d really appreciate that. That way we can get you fixed up!

Looks like it came through, thanks!

2 Likes

not working well, created a mess in my plan

Similar to what others are seeing Iā€™ve tried creating a few different plans and the volume is much lower than I expected. Itā€™s good that the AI is taking into account recent training volume, but I would expect the volume to increase as the plan progresses. Instead, it looks like it just increases the intensity and keeps short durations of the workouts instead of increasing workout lengths on Z2 rides.

3 Likes

EDIT: We found this bug and fixed it, should be working for you now! :tada:

Are you clicking Apply at the bottom of the Plan Settings after you select a different number of workouts? The changes wonā€™t apply until you click that button. Itā€™s currently working for me if I change the number of workouts and click Apply.

So you could use a Demanding approach and then go down to 4 workouts per week. As long as you donā€™t get a Warning, your plan should be good to go.

As for building a plan specifically around your time constraints, thatā€™s on our roadmap!

1 Like

I had the same issue. Appeared to be about past dated A races. My issue got fixed. Not sure if the underlying bug got fixed

Can I please ask a question about replacing existing plan workouts with my own custom workouts?

I have a number of vo2 custom workouts that I like to do. They are progressive and the PL for each increases as they go.

Can I replace the Tuesday vo2 orkout in my plan with one of my custom workouts? Would this cause any issues with the plan? Do I just add in my own custom workout to the respective day and then delete the existing planned workout?

Thanks

2 Likes

Oh! Thank you - that was it. Somehow I must have had the browsers window clipped slightly below the lower screen edge and nothing indicated I was missing an or any elements on screen with so much white spaceā€¦

1 Like