Cycling Memes and Jokes

2 Likes

We need a name for that horrible non-click feeling.

2 Likes

This is AMAZING

Hay danlevis. Not sure if that was suppose to be directed at me. If you are talking about the link above. Not sure I follow

It’s hilly where I live, and I’m very familiar with that moment when you think ‘OK, I need to go down one more gear’ so you push the lever but, instead of hearing the clicking of changing gears, there’s just a horrible emptiness: a mechanical ‘No’. A bit like pulling the ripcord on a parachute and finding that all you packed is your lunch. Every time it happens to me, I think it deserves its own name, but I have no idea what that name should be. Suggestions?

3 Likes

How about “The dang-it affect”? At least that’s what I say when I find myself in this situation, which happens a lot it seems.

1 Like

Oh now I get it. Sorry about that I had to reread it. Just got back from a road trip and logged on. It looked like a broken link in a post a few down from mine not to mention I am whipped from the road trip. . At least the link didn’t work on my phone Thought you were referring to clicking on it And nothing happened. After reading your response it makes perfect sense.

1 Like

In my circles that’s "Deadman’s Click ". Not sure where it came from. If it is a movie trope/Dirty Harry thing. But it has always been a Deadman’s Click

9 Likes

…and five meters up the road from Deadman’s Click is the Stairmaster Zombie Zone.

1 Like

Yep, “dead man’s click” works. Pretty sure it’s not Dirty Harry, but probably from a film. Surprised I hadn’t thought of that analogy before: pulling a trigger only to realise the gun’s empty!

2 Likes

10 Likes

Not as bad when your at the limit on a climb and your brain just thinks “Need another gear…” so you shift…one smaller on the cassette. Soul crushing.

But maybe I’m the only one who does that…

2 Likes

And the headunit gives a polite little beep to remind me that there are no more gears and the only options remaining are grind lower cadence or get out of the saddle.

Funniest movie of all time. Funny because it’s true.

1 Like

It’s happened, though probably not as many times as my smart trainer having a dumb moment and suddenly doubling the resistance for no apparent reason, often at a VERY inopportune moment - like 18 minutes into a ramp test!

2 Likes

Thats brilliant!!!

This humor might not be everyone’s style but I found it quite funny.
Casually Explained: cycling

39 Likes

:joy:

9 Likes

52 Likes