Cycling Memes and Jokes

29 Likes

I can totally hear it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a meme but apparently bike components are currently so valuable that we have “cech job” theme. Now we are waiting for a screen adaptation, maybe with Statham?

4 Likes

Not cycling related but still funny

7 Likes

Althea, what’s ole Satchel’s FTP?
Satchel Paige is dead.
I bet it’s over 350.
Satchel Paige died in 1982.
His w/kg must be fabulous.

5 Likes

63 Likes

And yet recovery days drag on and on and on, and HIIT days are over almost before they start. It’s weird…

2 Likes

My wife asked me how much my last bike cost. I was instantly catatonic for apparently way too long.

(QUICK, THINK OF SOMETHING TO SAY, STUPID! BUT WAIT, SHE CAN SENSE A LIE! SO GO LOW! BUT SHE’S NOT THAT STUPID. NOW WHAT, SHE’S LOOKING SUSPICIOUS! SHE’S ABOUT TO SAY SOMETHING! INCOMING! DUCK!)

Oh, that much, huh…

It finally came out when she decreed that ‘All bikes were to stay int he garage!’. MY FORTY-FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR BIKE IS NOT STAYING IN THE GARAGE!!!

Is that how much that cost?

Oops…

36 Likes

The copier beat-down scene in Office Space is the pinnacle of cinematic triumph which has withstood the test of time.

10 Likes

In honor of AI FTP estimation:

49 Likes

Imagine how it was when I brought my new bike home, and my wife ask me how much it was…
Before asking she said something along the line of “This bike looks very expensive, how much was it?”
At that point I knew it would have been impossible to lie… so I told her…
sufficient to say, that this was over a year ago, and I still get reminders of how much I spent on a stupid bike.

5 Likes

I have found the best approach to getting my Wife to “Buy-In” on getting a quality bike is to bring her with me and buy her one too. We actually have purchased the exact same Mountain and gravel bikes…LOL Didn’t intend this, it just happened. Although it meshes well with my scheme to run the same drivetrain platforms across bikes types to simplify maintenance and allow for emergency part swapping when needed.

Now if I could get her to quit breaking her MTB frames, I could probably get a new MTB soon. Problem is she she has effectively upgraded her bike as she keeps breaking her frame…Doh…

7 Likes

23 Likes

Well…

She said ‘It’s probably time I get a ‘road bike’’. I was able to find a pandemic 2-year hold over Di2 Ruby. I told her ‘This is the bike you should buy! It’s got everything that you could ever need!’

We went to look at it, and it was perfect size too. She bought it. The bike shop didn’t mark it down as much as I had thought. I’m sure they were wetting themselves with the idea of selling this expensive anchor on their balance sheet. She said That was expensive’ but I kept quiet. Then she did her first ride! ‘WOW! That is NICE! I LOVE this bike!’

I couldn’t hold back: ‘This is the same bike, largely, as mine is. It;s a WSD, with better graphics (I’m not kidding) and a better color, but it’s the same specs!’

She then understood why I bought the bike I did. Of course now mine is two years old, with trainer damage, and a lot of road time too, but she stopped saying ‘I can’t imagine why there are bikes that cost over $10,000!’ I worked at a bike shop that sold top end bikes and test rode a $12,000 bike. I DID wonder how far I’d get if I just ‘forgot’ to bring it back. Schwinn, Campy Super Record, Sewups, SO NICE!!!

1 Like

HAH! She did that, until she bought essentially the same bike. I don’t think she’s a convert, but she does love that bike…

1 Like

I follow a similar strategy. My wife wanted di2 for her last upgrade. I like mechanical. Instantly, that went into my calculations on how much I could justify on a new bike :money_mouth_face:.

3 Likes

I’ve been freezing my butt off in New England and have spent alot of time on the trainer over the past few months. I couldn’t resist!!

32 Likes

I’ve got the inside line on the new post-workout realistic feedback progression text!

32 Likes

I have never felt so attacked by a meme! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

17 Likes