Cycling Memes and Jokes

Sorry, but I gotta be that person. You/You’re is a hill I’m willing to die on.

10 Likes

19 Likes

fc9gi3yo4l481

9 Likes

I noticed this watching the Vuelta earlier. The cofidis logo is giving Remco’s photo his same helmet hair as real Remco.

16 Likes

I just watched the show where Big dies after riding his Peloton. Unforced error? The story goes that they were hungry for ‘attention’, and that ‘anything was good attention’. That rather interesting episode was proof that isn’t true. Wow. ‘We’d like one of your bikes.’ What are you going to do with it? ‘We have some story ideas, and can’t divulge them at this point.’ Oh, okay, well be sure you show the logo prominently!

Big dies… So funny!! (And why does he look up when she calls his name? He’s dead remember. And Carrie doesn’t call 911 the moment she sees him like that, and instead ruins her designer clothes in the shower?

Wow… Peloton can’t seem to catch a break!

Was it wrong to laugh at that episode?

1 Like

12-speed Di2 upgrade, and a new power meter would work wonders. I’d be home before I started!!

3 Likes

I’ve been holding off until they have a “time travel” feature. World champs, here I come!

I have not seen it.

Usually, but not always, shows ask before using certain products. In the case it apparently was a casting opportunity for a peloton instructor, and not a formal product placement.
The wording of the statement followed by the episode, seems to suggest that peloton did know about the episode, but did not pay to put the bike, they rather let the show use the equipment without covering the brand.
I think at some point peloton thought it would be a great idea to have a bike on a big TV show, for free. They probably didn’t see turning into a huge backslash.

But this was not what is causing all the peloton problems. The CEO made many unforced errors in management. There is a reason there is a new CEO.

In any case, I know people can turn very passionate about the products they love and products they spend money on (specially if they are good). But let’s not bury our heads on the sand. Peloton will get out of the mess, and my comment will go down as just another attempt of a funny joke about the impending doom of a stationary bike company… :man_shrugging:

How about we all opine on Peloton business strategy, trials and tribulations in the Peloton thread?

24 Likes

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

28 Likes
52 Likes

That is freaking hilarious. The guy grabbing his keys instead of the gel. Been there, done that (hunting around for which pocket I shoved the gels into).

1 Like

The only thing missing is the text from the SO about when you’ll be home. (“That’s why I have Livetrack on, honey. Just look. Open the app. No not that app, the other one - just click on the link in the SMS, it should take you right there. No - I know it get sent - look under the garage sale messages. OK - great. What’s that? Yes - I really am all the way out there”

13 Likes

I would appreciate if you did not hack my text messages sir!

3 Likes

I think the best part is when he realizes at the end that he didn’t record the ride. I can’t count how many people I’ve seen nearly crash as they rush to turn on their bike computers or realize 30 minutes later they didn’t restart after a stop :man_facepalming:t2:. The only thing missing was a flat tire after stopping on the gravel :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

6 Likes

Si’s most embarrassing moment: Are These Cycling’s Most Embarrassing Stories? | GCN Show Ep. 504 - YouTube

The best thing about these sorts of comparisons is that they only get more relatable with experience.

I remember seeing that video when I first started cycling and being somewhat comforted, like “this is me compared to all the cool fast guys on my group ride!” Couple of years later I’m leading the group ride and I’ve never been more certain I’m the second guy.

5 Likes

As a fan of Roglic, this hurts…

41 Likes

Classic!

Why is the drivetrain on the wrong side?

1 Like