Cycling Memes and Jokes

During Diablo Immortal(mobile version of Diablo) showcase, disappointed people were like “boooo” to the demonstrator, and he came up with that legendary mention “Do you guys not have phones?

The original image of a phone mounted on aero-bike with aero-handlebar looks somewhat funny to me. That image really doesn’t buy to me and feel like Quadlock is saying “Do you guys not have phones” :sweat_smile:

Oh Quadlock, I really love your product! Nicely holding a phone on two-wheel things is nice feature. Just…

1 Like

:rofl:

3 Likes

I’m lucky to be at a point where my wife tells me to go for a ride. She says I get antsy when I don’t ride. Or maybe she just likes the alone time without me. :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Same here. Also we agree to agree on big purchases (both hers and mine).

This subject gets into all kinds of relationship issues… money issues are high on the list of factors for divorce… Ironically divorce is also very expensive. :rofl:

I’m not sure this is the choice being presented in this discussion but I’d rather buy a bike than pay a divorce lawyer. Welcome to the mind of a severe ADD individual.

And also this

33 Likes

It’s kind of of a design flaw actually. Exactly how much I’ve spent on my bike is something I’d rather forget.

8 Likes

I agree with this, didn’t mean to imply not. I am very lucky. When I was dating my wife back in 2009, I actually called her once when I wanted to buy a $4500 TT bike. I knew it was an impulse purchase, but I also trusted her judgment and thought at that point that she was “the one”. I explained why I thought I wanted it, she knew I could afford it, and she said, “buy the bike!”

Any time I have wanted a new bike in the 15 years we have known each other, she has always been on my side. Now, I’m reasonable. I’ve purchased 4 new bikes in the time we’ve known each other, most expensive was $8500, used MTB was $2800, TT bike $4500 and my new road frame this year was $3500.

My point was more if you discuss it with your wife and respect her opinion, and she knows how much it means to you and you’re not unreasonably spending money, then you shouldn’t fear telling your SO about bike purchases if they support your happiness! That’s all. :slight_smile:

My wife tells me I’m never happier than when I return from a bike ride, so samesies. She gets me.

Back to the memes!

8 Likes

My wife was ok with buying a new bike. She was expecting to spend 1 or 2k on a new TT bike… And that was not happening in 2021

1 Like

Yeah, “reasonable” obviously depends on many circumstances unless you’re a dentist.

3 Likes

Haha, same with my GF. We live in a small flat in the city, so usually the next question is: “And where does the bike go? Can I also put my XY there?” :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

totally read that as KY :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

22 Likes

7 Likes

My wife spends more on tennis than I do on my biking. But because her hobby is a lot of little purchases (50$ drills, 100$ shoes, rackets, strings, etc) it doesn’t have that effect of a big 6k purchase.
She has a 80k Mercedes and I drive a 25k civic. I don’t say a word about it. She has wanted to say something about my bike purchase but she holds back and walks away. I think she knows I’m holding the straight flush :laughing:

14 Likes

31 Likes

27 Likes

27 Likes

Legit :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for that one. :+1:

My better half is also getting into the meme game, by editing existing ones in a somewhat ghetto fashion.

17 Likes

Hadn’t seen this Monty Python skit before. Not a classic like the Argument skit, but I think this one belongs here.

16 Likes

25 Likes