Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2023)

I just got an email from HED.

25% off gravel wheels…

Is the new 180 included in that? They do mention gravel racing in the description…

REI. I’m gonna need my fellow forum members to buy these all up to save me from ordering them.

Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 2.12.33 PM

Screen Shot 2023-07-20 at 2.11.33 PM

6 Likes

No, no. That’s not how you explain it to a partner. “Look, I saved $56!” But only if you have to… :wink:

The Silca Torque wrench is really nice and super handy for travel - highly recommended.

The Feedback Sports Team Edition Tool Kit also really handy and quite nice. It’s especially great if you like to keep a tool set in the back of the car. Makes it super convenient.

Own both of the items and those are great prices.

1 Like

I like to buy a more expensive summer dress that arrives on the same day for my partner.

4 Likes

Gravel Tennis Racquets?

2 Likes

Just picked up mine this past weekend and love it! As you said it came fully assembled and it’s easy to mount your bike on it. My only complaint was that it was a pain to screw out the quick release adapter to put the thru axle adapter (needs grease?) but otherwise it’s great!

1 Like

Good catch. Woops

Probably not… it say Emporia line (which i think its their gravel line)

If anybody here has a Peloton bike, it kind like the cleats for it are being discontinued and REI is blowing them out.

Edit: Be aware that these are NOT compatible with Keo pedals, therefore they aren’t for use with Assiomas.

I was looking at that but a lot of reviews say it’s poor quality and doesn’t last. Basically it’s great until it falls apart. How long have you had it and how much have you used it?

It feels like a nice piece but I would much prefer the park tool atd. I’ve used it on a few trips and it definitely is light enough to toss in for bikepacking.

1 Like

I’ve had mine for quite a while, definitely pre-pandemic. I mainly use it when I travel though. The small case and design make it really packable. I don’t use it a ton a home as have other torque wrenches with my main tools, so I would say my set isn’t heavily used.

Mine hasn’t fallen apart and now hoping it doesn’t…

1 Like

Planning on buying the silca… can’t comment on the longevity of this in particular but they’ve always been good with customer service if things need replacing before a reasonable person would expect something to wear out

1 Like

Yeah. The negative reviews on the Silca Ti-Torque are generally about:

1. Magnets coming out. Easy to fix myself with some glue
  2. Torque tube being a deflection type instead of click type. These people need to read product descriptions and study the photos before buying
  3. Hard to read the torque values. This was addressed with the product update to separate the lines more around the tube perimeter.

Also, buyers at REI aren’t understanding that Silca warranties the tool for 7 years.

It has a nice set of features (small ratchet, T or L handle, 2-8 Nm torque, good selection of bits) and it comes in a really nice pouch to keep it all together and even potentially take with me on rides (when I want to experiment with tweaking my stem stack, for example).

At the regular $125 price, no thanks. But at the current sale for $62, I’m in.

3 Likes

I also own the Silca. I’ve been reluctant to comment because it’s tiny, so I rarely use it. But, that’s also why I got it. It’s a great travel case stuffer. It feels quality to me and I’m happy with it after a few years of ownership.

Also at REI for 50% off was the Feedback Sports 3 piece screwdriver set.

1 Like

I have had one for years and have used as the primary tool to build 2 complete bikes plus numerous times for adjustments etc.

Whoa, I bow at the feet of the master…