Deals / Sales / Discounts for Fitness Stuff (2024)

Tailwind Nutrition sale 20% off:

https://tailwindnutrition.com/collections/all?utm_campaign=2024-2-26_Leap-Year-Sale%20%2801HNP2D8Y23WB36CX4WM9QCX2A%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Newly%20Added%20Retention%20Leads&_kx=G8KCbJYlGfcxEu9RC3N_cDReNPE2Zoh0NhPUEzaWEC0.VsdYep

2 Likes

Dang, that would have been a score. All gone now. I’m looking for a gravel bike, and with Costco’s return policy, this would have been a perfect try.

Kickr v6 for 949 euros, today only

Van Dessel Linefinder SLX for $2,899 - I’m kind of tempted but not finding any reviews. It would be my first mountain bike. VAN DESSEL™ LINEFINDER | CARBON TRAIL / XC BIKE – Van Dessel Cycles

Apex is very low end IME. They are cost engineered and have things intentionally left out so you might be upsold to their higher end products, I guess.

Case in point, apparently all Apex rear derailleurs wobble on the pivot.

I didn’t know this having only setup a Red RD before, and stayed up the night before a gravel race, trying to help a friend (also sleep deprived) setup his bike. We tried for hours to remove this wobble, only to find out around 3am that this is “normal” after we decided to pull up some forum/reddit posts on SRAM setup.

Still makes me angry.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the latest 12 speed Apex? Or 11 speed?

1 Like

Anything designed to hit certain price points, based on higher end products, is going to need to remove costs from other areas. This is basic manufacturing. SRAM is providing electronic shifting at unheard of price points with Apex. Tradeoffs are a necessary part of the deal.

As for being up late the night before a gravel race setting up Apex, well….is that really SRAM’s fault?

2 Likes

Please move discussion about pro’s/con’s of various groups to separate threads and return to Deals as the main topic.

11 Likes

X01 Eagle Chain - $35, free shipping above $50 from Jenson. supposed to be the sweet spot for durability (worth the extra cost over GX eagle chain).

Base level eagle cassette 11-50t, HG driver - $40. Good option for throwing an eagle drivetrain bike onto trainer without having to get a separate xd-r freehub

https://www.ethirteen.com/products/xcx-race-gravel-wheels?variant=39277154107495

3 Likes

Almost an awesome deal. Looks like only options for front are 15mm. So great for previous gen Laufs I guess.

Edit I’m a dumb. Carry on. I have these wheels and they’ve been good. No other off road comparisons though.

1 Like

12/15 front. Says endcaps included

1 Like

Turns out I can’t read.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve purchased from BikeCloset before. But, XT 12 speed cassette for $99, XTR-12 speed SGS rear derailleur for $179.95 (cheaper than eBay even!!), pretty tempting. This deal on Enve wheels is pretty great, just that I’m not after 650B, so not right for me.

Edit: The $179 derailleur still costs $10 in shipping.

2 Likes

Thanks, I was looking at an XTR cassette for race day, this just puts it into reach.

1 Like

I bought some Force shifters / calipers from them a few weeks ago…no issues with the purchase.

Just pulled the trigger on the ENVE wheels listed…been debating getting 650B wheels for Unbound and that price made it worth the gamble.

Thanks for the heads up!

5 Likes

I have the 700c and can say they are awesome wheelset! I really like it and have no complains about it!

It was too good a deal for me to pass up

1 Like

It’s possible to ride gravel without a chain tensioner too.

No way, man. I like my derailleurs cages firm and tight.