Deals / Sales / Discounts for Fitness Stuff (2024)

Seems like there were a lot of restrictions but it did give me the full 25% off on an incredibly stupid purchase (titanium Eggbeater 11) so thank you for enabling my poor decision making.

4 Likes

I just got some eggbeaters 3 on amazon for under $100 a few days ago, could not convince myself to get the 11s :slight_smile: at the same time I hate the internet for telling me I should not buy some Ceramicspeed coated BB :smiley:

2 Likes

With my VIP credit and the discount it was ended up being “only” ~250 but given I could have gotten XTR for 130 or so in the same sale I felt particularly foolish.

I have Crank Bros on other bikes and just didn’t want to have to deal with different cleat compatibility between bikes.

https://www.performancebike.com/specialized-sworks-recon-lace-gravel-shoes-black-39.5-61521-81395/p1315945?v=1315776

Sworks lace gravel shoes as low as $99 depending on color and size

3 Likes

Good shoe, also Specialized S-Works Recon Lace - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts! has them for $113, if the size you are looking for is not avail from performance.

2 Likes

Man those are good deals - I wish they had them in wide for my Piggies.

1 Like

$99, but you have to clean dirty laces :slight_smile: The whole reason to ditch velcro and laces is because they are dirt magnets.

3 Likes

Problem solved. I don’t clean my shoes

3 Likes

They have a pretty generous toebox IME, equivalent to wide in other brands but ymmv

1 Like

I have some recon 2.0s. I don’t really have wide feet but the roomy toe box is nice. My issue with the recon 2 is it has the single boa doesn’t really tighten evenly on the foot. But the toe box is nice

IIRC, the new generation of specialized shoes went to a slightly wider toe box compared to last gen.

I was just about to say that I don’t find Specialized shoes to have a generous toebox, especially the Recon, but that’s an observation based on the first gen of the Recon, so newer models might. My experience with older models is that Spesh is more roomy in the toe than Sidi, but not nearly as roomy as Shimano.

I grabbed some recon s-works boa, the V1 i think, and the toe box is narrower than I’d like. They’re not the “wide” version.

These lace up S-works ones for $99, they’re still rev 1 though, right? So it’s the newer 2’s that are wider?

Half tempted to grab these in case lace up is wider than my boa ones, and then flick the boa ones on eBay. I’ve still not switched over to them, so they’re brand new.

Thanks

Don’t want to derail the deals discussion, but new Recons just came out if you need the wider toe box.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/search/recon

Just ordered, as too good a price, and got a giftcard this week which covers the price.

Given my v1 Boa’s were close enough that I didn’t return them, then I have to guess that the v1 Lace will only be better. Looks like I’ll be selling some new v1 Boa’s on eBay soon.

And if there’s a v2 s-works that’s even better fitting, well, then I’ll buy than in 3 years when they’re also on clearance. Right now, $350-450 for shoes isn’t on the cards.

Thanks

1 Like

Somewhat dismayed to see specialized seems to be going away from toe spikes for xc shoes!?

1 Like

Don’t know if these are available in other countries (and as BTD and the other super offer sites won’t ship to Europe I don’t care :pouting_cat: ) but Specialized FR are selling quite a few saddles half price

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks like the Tacx Motion Plates are on sale for $240 until Thursday at BikeTiresDirect and the other Velotech stores (trisports.com and Western Bike Works).

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I pulled the trigger. I’ve been curious about fore/aft motion for a long time, and while still not cheap, it was low enough to bite the bullet.