Give me 5! (XCMarathon+ rides)

The past two years I’ve concentrated on MTB stage races. Love them but want to switch things up a bit next year. I’ve still got a couple of stage races in mind but looking for some 50mile-ish and 100mile-ish race suggestions.

I like to mountain bike, so no to Leadville. Let’s just get that out there… I want to ride singletrack not roads. I might even consider 12/24hr solo rides. :wink:

Here’s my shortlist.
PCP2P ??
Marji Gesick ??
Fire-cracker 50
Big Sky Biggie ??
Dakota 5-0 (already done that a few times, its out)
Gunnison Growler (did that back when it was 64 and now the current 40, will probably do it again)

Hopefully keeping it in the Rockies but willing to travel if it’s awesome…

Cheers-Greg

I have not done it but it’s on my bucket list: the Butte 100 in Butte, Montana (has 100 and 50 mile options)

1 Like

Laramie Range Epic (have done and highly recommend)
Snowmass 50

For another 2 legit races in the Rocky Mountain Region

1 Like

Depending if you’re willing to travel a bit…

Shenandoah 100 (VA)
Whiskey 50 (Prescott, AZ)
True Grit (UT)

Or in the Rockies (and non-Leadville) - Vapor Trail 125

1 Like

Highly recommend these 2 races both being awesome and worth the travel.

High Cascades 100 (Bend, OR)
Ring of Fire 50 (Bend, OR)

1 Like

Second vote for HC 100 and/or Ring of Fire in Bend.

2 Likes

Mohican 100 in Ohio has continued to pivot towards more single track. Definitely not an easy day on the bike.

http://ombc.net/mtb-100/mtb-100-2

I do love Bend.

1 Like

Yeah the Vapor is on the list but scares me… haha. Been a long time since I’ve riden in Southern UT (i.e. Green Valley, hmm)

5points50 is probably the best mtb race you’ve not heard of. After the 5 mile road start, its 99% singletrack. Its fantastic. Outside of Chattanooga it is

I wouldn’t recommend that race to someone from the Midwest and certainly not to someone who has the Rockies to play with. Definitely not worth the travel, there’s nothing good to say about that race.

It has too much road.

A few others to add to the list:

• Grand Junction Rides and Vibes. Formerly Grand Junction Off-road. Longest option is 40 miles, but it’s tech terrain, so speeds are lower.
  • Emerald Mountain Epic in Steamboat. The 2 lap 50 miler is the longest option.
1 Like