Nate rocks, in case you didn't know

Man, I hate hearing how mean some people can be on these forums. Kudos to you for addressing it with the humility you did, Nate. I’m one of thousands who owe you a great debt of gratitude for creating this product and continuing to improve it. Thank you!

63 Likes

Tagging @Nate_Pearson and @SeanHurley so Nate will get to see this.

3 Likes

Any context here?

6 Likes

Was wondering the same thing….what did I miss?

2 Likes

I would guess something from the most recent podcast, but I haven’t listened.

1 Like

I think this could be the origin

3 Likes

I agree, Nate rocks.

I think the issue stems from Nate feeling very responsible for his baby.

IMO he has built up an extremely good product, right the ground up, and doesn’t want to let go. He is one of the very few CEOs who takes the time to personally answer questions from his users.

In one sense, it would be a lot easier for him to ignore the forum, maybe read things maybe not, but certainly never reply. A lot easier to not appear on the podcast weekly or nearly weekly.

I prefer the Nate we have now, I salute his bravery in poking his head above the parapet. But if he ever decides he prefers the quiet life then I’d understand.

15 Likes

Recent podcast. People blasting him over interrupting and it turns out there was a delay in the recording that had the hosts speaking over each other.

3 Likes

Yeah, they read some of the things that people said, and they were pretty mean. Which is unfortunate because I really like Nate on the podcast.

7 Likes

I like him on the podcast too. The personal stories, races, adventures, and mishaps make it interesting. It’s not always a perfectly polished corporate message which is what makes it more real and engaging for people who tune in to learn about training and want to hear different experiences and expertise from the hosts and guests.

10 Likes

I’m team Nate. For me… The dynamic was off when he wasn’t there. It was nice to have last week back in person too!

14 Likes

Worked a lot better being in person - felt more natural, fluid and had a more conversational feel. Its necessary these days to have remote options but in person works a lot better.

6 Likes

To be fair, without knowing the context it was super hard to listen to when it sounded like he was jumping over everyone for the entire episode.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Copy!

Listened to the podcast and thought they approached it very well with a bit of humour. Don’t feel Nate needed to apologise to anyone in fairness, people can be total assholes on online comment sections.

3 Likes