Proper TrainerRoad and Zwift integration [Feature Request]

any update on when this is likely to start happening??

1 Like

I seem to remember Nate saying that TR side was complete, so I expect we are waiting for the Zwift announcement in their release notes, I expect as itā€™s a Zwift product announcement, TR are obliged not to do it for them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It will be interesting to se what they will actually implement here.

Will this be like a version of the Outdoor option where the workout where the user selects in the TrainerRoad app that the workout will be done on Zwift, and then the workout shows up in Zwift? Or will todayā€™s Trainerroad workout always show up in Zwift?

And what will happen after the workout is completed, will Zwift automatically match it with the proper TrainerRoad workout and update your progression levels?

I suspect Z is slow to release their source code. Sounds like Fascat wants to do the same thing and also waiting for Zwift to allow the integration

I know its been posted and discussed since the beginning of time, but I cant for the life of me get a TR workout going on zwift when using an Ipad. In the past there was an option to leave controllable blank, thats no longer an option on my ipad. Am I missing something? I used to have TR running on the phone, Z on the ipad

If the UI is like my Mac, you just click on the controllable trainer on the pair screen and it should deselect it. I run Zwift and TR simultaneously almost everyday on my Mac

1 Like

Any updates from the TR team on this? It looks like TriDot is the first partner to work with Zwift on this new integration.

The bad news is that this doesnā€™t read like there is a new API from Zwift companies can just access, theyā€™ll have to coordinate/work with Zwift to implement the connection. That will take more timeā€¦

Q: Will additional training apps be integrated > in a similar way?
A: Yes! Weā€™ve started with TriDot as our initial > partner and will be announcing more
partnerships in the coming months.

1 Like

The past messaging has indicated that only a few will initially have access and will jointly launch with Zwift, I expect to verify the implementation works under varying companies. After that they then open it up. Walk before you run as it were, so you donā€™t fall in a hole.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread. Iā€™m assuming I didnā€™t miss Zwift releasing their announced structured training api

So far there has been one released integration using it: TriDot. Nothing else.

2 Likes

I found Zwift insider describing that. When zwift announced the api they made it sound like 3 companies would have things ready day 1 when it was officially released but maybe I misinterpreted their statement.

1 Like

@Nate_Pearson any update on integrating with the new Zwift api? Would be amazing to have for this indoor season

1 Like

My contact at Zwift had no comment on it when I asked him a few weeks agoā€¦ā€¦didnā€™t fill me with optimism.

2 Likes

Since TriDot thereā€™s beenā€¦ no others. >_>

1 Like

Yeah, FasCat sent out a ā€œyou can do our rides on Zwiftā€ note, but it was just ā€œdownload the file and put it in the Zwift folderā€. Didnā€™t leave me feeling like integrating is going well.

Itā€™s still on our roadmap! We donā€™t have an update on the timeframe at the moment.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update. Just another voice here, doing all my workouts running TR and Z parallel and that feature would absolutely make my world a happier place. Thanks!

6 Likes

Been looking forward to this! I also run Zwift and TR parallel and it would be nice to just have my TR workouts in Zwift

1 Like

I use them both together too - but I actually quite like having the minimised trainerroad app overlaid - I think iā€™d miss the blue graphs if did the workouts within zwift

Iā€™m the oppositeā€”looking at the blue bars during a hard intervals workout somehow makes time slow down to a crawl. Iā€™ve been manually rebuilding some TR workouts in Zwift instead of running the apps in parallel and I feel like I can handle them mentally much better when I do them there. Iā€™m very much looking forward to this integration to make the process easier.

3 Likes

I sometimes overlay, but I run zwift on a laptop and need all the screen real estate I can get. I usually run TR on the iPad off to the side and would much rather look at 1 screen. The more options the better!