Should TrainerRoad link up with IndieVelo

I used it for the first time yesterday also. I might see if I can link it up with TR like I used to with RGT. Having TR control the trainer only but having both read off the Power Meter. Set up like this Using Entertainment with TrainerRoad – TrainerRoad

I don’t have TR, and I used rollers, so no ERG, or smart trainer. So I can’t tell about this, but I saw a option on the power settings, very clever by the way, that you can choose between 5 ways. Match terrain, outside souce (TR), etc.

It should work fine.

1 Like

They do tend to have a lot of bots but that doesn’t bother me

Me neither. I was doing a basic SST 3x10 to close the week and as I have to do it inside I decided to have a go. Surprisingly good to be honest. Zwift might not see my money soon.

1 Like

I saw that George had a post on linkedin announcing it was rapidly approaching 30,000 users.

1 Like

I’m torn. If I’m just doing a typical TR interval work I just use the TR app. If I’m doing less structured stuff I can use Zwift or indievelo. As always Zwift has the huge number of races/group rides at any one. Indievelo keeps adding more stuff though

Yep, that’s the main reason. A group ride, race, etc.

Have to use IndieVelo a bit more to have a better picture, but first impression was good. I really liked the dynamics, the “game” seems more real, IDK. And one thing I don’t like zwift is the gamification, it’s too many power ups, which I personally find nonsense, and tron bikes, and colors, etc.

1 Like

My impression of indievelo is good. I don’t care about the gamification in Zwift.

In Zwift, I’ve just made use of some 40-60 mile endurance group rides on weekends when I’m stuck indoors and its useful beinf able to chase people.

1 Like

Just FYI for anyone, the ‘E’ keyboard button is great for quickly switching between ERG/Level/Grade depending on your interval in a workout.

3 Likes