Welp…POC no longer the dumbest aero lid. 🥴

What. The. Actual. Fook.

14 Likes

This cannot be real

I’ll pay anything!

Seriously, though, you know, know, know that the wind tunnel data has to be the most compelling wind tunnel data ever.

1 Like

It is a Cor Vos photo…so yup, it appears to be real.

ETA - article up on Cycling News.

1 Like

Does the embarrassment factor create extra watts that outweigh the drag ?

1 Like

I realized that I owe an apology to both Specialized and Kask as their new TT lids far surpass the POC Tempor helmet in the stoopid looks department.

But this abomination still takes the lead…

Where can I buy one?

Asking for a friend.

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous.

And you know what? Pushing the boundaries is what I want to see from a time trial. I want the mad monocoques, loooong socks, stupid helmets and everything else in the pursuit of speed.

I know that we should have rules but just look at the UK CTT allowing all sorts of experiments.

That being said, it’s not a looker so it better be provably fast!

5 Likes

so…full Face Sock for you then? :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe. You want to be off the course as quickly as possible.

6 Likes

Does the UCI’s “garments cannot create an aero advantage” not apply to helmets?

If not, maybe whole-body covers could be worn on the head.

1 Like

Hmmmm… Maybe that’s the line I wouldn’t cross!

25 Likes

So time trial helmets aren’t primarily designed to look cool and have other design considerations? :-o

2 Likes

12 Likes

Hahahahaha, why am i laughing…hahaha…

This is a great argument to have TT’s be rule-less. I’d like to see the Pro’s riding beam bikes, or whatever the mad scientists can come up with. If they’re riding helmets like this there must be some possible changes.

Just have a separate category for amateur championship racing “open” for equipment. It’s not like TT isn’t an arms race even now :man_shrugging:.

I thought this was an article from the Onion.

3 Likes

Tt have a lot more open rules here in the UK.

My opinion says keep the road bikes looking like bikes but World Tour is supposed to be the pinnacle of the sport so let’s let the mad scientists really go mad for this.

Instead of bars/saddles having to fit in a box let the criteria include handling so you don’t have to be Tom Pidcock levels of skill to ride it but otherwise go mad. You just know Dan Biggles has some far out ideas for Ganna.

3 Likes