What are your unpopular cycling opinions?

Because someone said it on a message board online… so it must be true. :rofl:

3 Likes

Side question: does intervals.icu enable you to create workouts that can be controlled by a bike computer?

You bet. Intervals.icu—>GarminConnect—->Garmin Computer.

I’m assuming you can do the same with Wahoo.

I don’t think it’s foolish to pay for a product one finds value in

6 Likes

Now there’s an unpopular opinion to voice online if I ever saw one!

2 Likes

Big https://motherfuckingwebsite.com/ vibes

7 Likes

Technically yes. But in reality keeping focus is a big part of using TR, Zwift, etc. At least for me.

Knee warmers are the cycling fashion equivalent of capri pants…

3 Likes

Sexy?

4 Likes

hahahaha literally exactly my thought

1 Like

I’m a burly 6’5” and run 40s, could go narrower with a bigger flare on the drops.

There isn’t a chance that your hoods are in line with your shoulder joints (AC joints) as is the general aim for comfort in a road bike fit, and aero wise 45cm is real bad.

I get that there are other reasons to go wider for gnarly gravel that turns into singletrack etc, but for road bikes, not really. Even the rare NBA and NFL sized people don’t necessarily have wider AC joints, there isn’t that much variation between people of massively different size. Putting on muscle doesn’t change it.

And in the population of people buying a high end road race bike, probably 0% want 44cm bars. Especially not in a one piece “aero” carbon bar-stem.

1 Like

187cm fairly mascular guy, running 40c-c bars with the hoods slightly turned in. Still feels a tad too wide.

If you don’t turn in your hoods, you‘re doing your wrists and CdA a disservice

3 Likes

They are not as windproof, or as waterproof as cycling tights, for autumn theyd be fine. but deep winter they are shit. as soon as they get wet you are frozen

These are great. Use these on my winter walks when snow and bad conditions are afoot.

But yeah, horses for courses. I’d think Endura does a winter tight without a chamois pad surely?

Edit: Looks like Pearl Izumi does one. And its on sale!

theres something for everyone!

1 Like

Very liberal use of “a bit” happening here. A pair of Castelli knee warmers that can be reworn with every pair of bibs you own is $75. A single pair of tights (so you would need at least 2 pair) is over $200. So we’re talking $75 vs. $400+.

2 Likes

I think the pearl izumi are the pair I bought last year or the year before. They look really thin but work really well and are an ideal weight / fit for me.

2 Likes

Cycling is a fair weather pastime.

5 Likes

Any weather is fair weather :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like