What are your unpopular cycling opinions?

Gotta love the internet. There’s always one example that breaks the rule.

2 Likes

Here’s why you’re wrong…

This is THE advantage to knee warmers. Since I live in the southeast US during our winter months many of my rides will start in low 40s and end in the 50s or higher. By the time it hits 50 I’m warm enough to take off the knee warmers.

I have thermal bib tights for when the temperature will stay closer to 40 degrees or below.

Knee warmers are pretty compact.

5 Likes

But they’re cheap! And there’s only one pair left. Buy now!

Unpopular cycling opinions:

1. Lance Armstrong won 7 consecutive Tour De France races
  2. Had you have been in his position, or given a shot to be on his team, you would have also been unable to resist the temptation

I’m not condoning here.

The way he acted was deeply unpleasant.

13 Likes

I’m giving your post a like because for me this is 100% untrue.

3 Likes

I use them for the day that starts off just below 15deg and finishes over (thats my threshold for knee protection these days). They are ideal to take of and stuff in the pockets as they are not to bulky. I have their SPF (sun protection actor) 50 arm warmers too and haven’t actually used them in the sun. The occasional time I do go abroad I usually pack them with the idea of sun protection but I havent actually used them for that. There just so small light its no harm to pack them. I was quite glad I did pack them for the misty descent of Teide, the guide was :cold_face:

2 Likes

I’m being deliberately contentious :wink:

2 Likes

Try a cross-country ski shop. They should have “winter-weight” tights and ones that are windproof in the crotch. I have a pair of Sugoi ones that are twice the thickness of regular CWX or X-Bionic type tights and are great for all cold weather activities.

2 Likes

I have to laugh when you get somebody walking or cycling, who are determined not to make eye contact and almost crash into something :joy:

2 Likes

There are companies that do them, I just wish there were more. I even asked people that worked for rapha to reintroduce them. very underrated product.

Pas Normal Studios do one, but I refuse to put money in their pocket. I only buy rapha because I get a good discount. I have a pair from assos which are great too.

1 Like

If I outsprint a 22 year old to win a Zwift race he should send me actual money to buy myself pizza and beer.

I mean, that’s popular with me, but probably unpopular with him. Yin and yang.

3 Likes

Oh? Why?

Cycling caps are ridiculous.

17 Likes

I have so much fun on my Fatbike riding in the snow. It’s like being a little kid again and just riding for shits and giggles.

2 Likes

Because their abbreviated logo says Penis?

5 Likes

Pas Normal is a EPO drug era reference in French. It means “not normal”.

2 Likes

Having broken a helmet in half as my head hit the asphalt, I strongly feel that anyone on a bike should wear a helmet. On the other hand, you are technically correct…

2 Likes

Not so sure anymore. OMG :scream_cat:

Just to clarify something. There are no such thing as mens tights / leggins, just men who wear female tights or leggins…

2 Likes