What are your unpopular cycling opinions?

These are unpopular opinions that one may or may not believe. No need to be rational here… Let’s leave that for the “discussion of unpopular opinions” thread. :rofl:

3 Likes

People in large, clean, shiny pickup trucks have unresolved issues, and should be avoided when riding.

Sour Patch Kids are the best solid ride fuel.

11 Likes

ftfy

3 Likes

Sour Patch Kids are the best solid ride fuel.

Be careful opening the baggies when on the trainer, if you have a strong fan the loose sugar will go flying.

4 Likes

I like to train like I race. Ideally I drop half of them on the floor when taking them out of my pocket.

21 Likes

He looks like a newb. :wink:

Flip side, I used my large shiny pickup to get to the trailhead, then use my various 2-wheeled machines from that point forward. It was a big diesel… designed to haul and pull things, not go off-roading.

My unpopular not-cycling opinion… people “over-truck”. Most people that own a 3500 diesel can get by no problem with a 1500 gasser. For that matter, I sold my diesel and my 29’ trailer for a Subaru and a 14’ trailer.

Spot on with sour patch kids. No argument there :slight_smile:

4 Likes

People that complain about other people not waving or nodding back at them on a ride.

7 Likes

I just tell myself that they didn’t see me.

2 Likes

If they dont throw anything at me, it’s a win just not having them in a car.

this is ridiculous. absolutely skill issue here.

I have 36cm bars on my road bike, 38cm bars on my gravel bike. and wait for it… 33cm bars on my track bike. bar width has nothing to do with sprinting ability. it’s different, but not dangerous

2 Likes

Please save this for the upcoming “What are your super popular cycling opinions?” thread.

25 Likes

I’d assumed this was just a universal fact…not subject to opinion.

Figured running only exists as a holdover of our hunter/gathering days, and an outlet for masochism.

4 Likes

75% of cyclists suck at being coached :rofl:

3 Likes

Listening to the Groadio Pod today, it sounds like one opinion should be “gravel racers are really just participators”

Context: they said Sofia wasn’t a gravel racer because she wants to prioritise Gravel World Championships. To me that’s what’s wrong with the “spirit”

3 Likes

8 Likes

Which one? The real one in Nebraska or the UCI one, wherever that is.

I see what you did there.

But absolutely the real one, with the best cyclists. Not the self proclaimed, glorified Wednesday World’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Guess I have my next unpopular opinion lol. Gravel races can only occur in North America.

EDIT: And Iceland. The Rift looks cool.

4 Likes