XC Marathon Masters World Champs

Can anyone tell me about the XCM Masters Marathon World Champs.

How does one qualify? Are there qualifying races? Do the qualifying races change each year?
Have you been? How did you find it?

Is it in Valais next year along with all the other MTB events or is it just pro/elite races going ahead there?

I can’t seem to find much online so any insights would be gratefully received!

Thanks, LC

I asked USAC about that earlier this year about qualifying for the national championships and got pretty much no answer. #sad

I have the same questions but UCI is treating any information like top secret. Impossible to find clear and actionable info.
Useless parasites of the sport.

1 Like

If you mean World Championships, then yes there’s limited information but there aren’t always Amateur slots for Worlds. They have some documentation on getting a selection - https://assets.usacycling.org/prod/documents/Selection-Criteria/2024-UCI-WORLD-CHAMPIONSHIPS-MTB-XCM-ELITE-MEN-WOMEN.pdf?_kx=If9LdiKTtUyc3BZO_FBatSU4tWrh1pGmmrsGFP7casg.TMKGwQ

If you actually mean National Championships, there is no qualifying, it’s open field.

1 Like

Thanks, yes I’m refering to World Champs Age Group/Masters. I’m also British, I got no reply from British Cycling with my query.

1 Like

My comment about. National vs World was directed at Webdev since he mentioned National Champs in his post.

I agree with you that there is very little info out on these. For US folks, since presumably the US has more slots at XCM Worlds in West Virginia, USAC recently reached out to people indicating they still had slots to fill and opened petitions for riders to get entry.

Matt Williams is the organiser of the UK championships. I wonder if he could point you in the right direction? His email is on the page linked below

He will likely be a bit busy this week, as the 2024 MTB Marathon Championships are this coming weekend