2024 XC Bike & Equipment Thread

Just want to chime in and say that the Nextie discount for the alpha/omega code is still valid.

My wheelset should be here any day, I’m well above 100kg (102-103kg to be exact) system weight so I want to see what they can handle

1 Like

grafik

tried to order rims only and it didn’t work. maybe it’s for whole wheelsets only?

1 Like

Impressive attention to detail, that’s a build that would make weight weenies proud. Im not sure it’s even possible to get those Piccola brakes in the US never mind the cost.

Admittedly I’m always a little confused over what terrain warrants a FS but not a dropper but I know that’s very terrain + preference dependent.

I can see how people with shorter legs could make it work. I have long legs and short torso and feel like I have a higher probability of getting bucked. I’d never have a full sus without a dropper.

@aarondeutchman could add a dropper and still be below 10kg I’d assume.

It is only for entire wheelsets (any configuration of alpha/omega).

What day did you order? I ordered on 3/4 and paid for 7 to 10 day shipping and it’s just been in the processing state since.

I know they need time to build the wheels and all before they ship it, it just wasn’t clear from the website or FAQ how long the build takes.

1 Like

You can get trickstuff brakes in the usa. I got them from R2 bike and took about 6 months which was better than the stated 18 month leadtime.

I very well might add a dropper to it soon, just wanted to start simple without it.

1 Like

I said that loosely, I ordered mine on 4/7. They went through the Qingming Festival at the beginning of April so you lost around a week in production time there.

Generally I see wheels show up about 3-4 weeks after ordering.

Ride everything without a dropper in Colorado but am not an enduro bro so not hitting big drops etc. Also, grew up without one. Maybe I would descend better with but like climbing better.

2 Likes

anyone running the hitop sw? any real world feedback on those wheels? Right now I can get those at the same price as nextie and considering (hopefully better) local support in the US if anything goes wrong and faster delivery I’m willing to pay the 1/2 lbs weight penalty, but can’t really find much info anywhere about people riding those

1 Like

Not firsthand experience but I found this video helpful: https://youtu.be/eLvoUYP0GNY?si=0cyW9JNCK6PnODXX

2 Likes

that was a good video. thank you for posting this

Just a reminder. If you have a dropper that needs to be pumped up, probably check the pressure every now and then.

I was having return issues with my Bike Yoke Divine that I thought was related to the seat post clamp being too tight, but it was actually both that and the pressure was WAY too low. I pumped it back up to the middle of the range and it’s all good now. Just in time for Sea Otter. :+1:t2:

Talking about sea otter feels like there is nothing left to be released now :joy:

For XC, probably. :man_shrugging:t2:

When is Specialized going to bring their new Captain tire to market? It won a World Cup last weekend.

2 Likes

And 2.4 vittoria, new schwalbe…

Maxxis has provided the 170tpi (f)Aspen to pros for two full seasons without a wider release, so there’s no guarantees

1 Like

At least Maxxis uses the same molds/tread pattern to make the 170tpi tires. Specialized came up with a new carcass and tread pattern for the Captain. It looks like they would like to recoup some of that expense by selling to the public.

Maxxis probably doesn’t sell the 170tpi to the public because all of us 180+ pound racers would be flatting within the first hour of use.

2 Likes

Good timing

2 Likes