2024 XC Bike & Equipment Thread

Blevins running Flight Attendant on the Epic WC…

3 Likes

rad color on this fork. hope to see more popping colors in the future. black and silver gets kinda boring

1 Like

Here is my new xc race bike, was able to get one of the last remaining MY23 Epic Evo frames.

Component Description Weight g
Frame Specialized S-Works Evo Medium MY23 1750
Fork SID SL Ultimate 110mm 1383
Wheels Roval Control SL 1321
Drivetrain Sram XX SL Drivetrain 1655
Bottom Bracket Sram Dub 76
Brakes Trickstuff Piccola Brakes with hose and hardware 318
Brakes Trickstuff 160mm rotors and pads 194
Pedals Xpedo M-force 8 215
Seatpost Roval Control SL 30.9 x 415 x 4mm offset 178
Bottle Cages S-works Carbon Zee Cage 2, qty 1 right, qty 1 left 48
Front Tire Maxxis Ardent Race 2.35 120 TPI EXO 3C Maxx Speed 890
Rear Tire Maxxis Aspen 2.4WT 120 TPI EXO Dual Compound 770
Valves Reserve Fillmore 23
Grips Extralite Hypergrips MDN Black with bar end plugs 19
Sealant Stan’s sealant 150*
Saddle S-works Toupe 143mm 152
Stem Darimo IX2AL Stem 70mm 6 degree 67*
Handlebar Darimo Handlebar 31.8mm, 6 degrees sweep, 720mm 87*
Misc frame parts Headset, spacers, seatpost clamp 90
Garmin mount K-Edge 21
* means part was not weighed, claimed weight
Total components g 9,407
Total components lbs 20.70
Actual full bike weighed with cheap cockpit parts prior to fit lbs 21.3
Weight delta of cheap cockpit parts lbs 0.4
Final Full Bike Total lbs 20.9
14 Likes

Nice looking bike and great final weight

Sweet…I love it!

:slight_smile:

really good looking bike! Is that weight calculated or actually weighed? Aren’t these wheels supposed to be 1240g?

He wrote that the ones with stars are the claimed weight and not actually weighed by him. So anything without a star should be actual weight.

1 Like

ah sorry, must’ve missed that!

The wheel weight is with the valves and rim tape they come with and also some plastic things in the hubs for shipping, but those are very light, still above 1300g without those.

Yes their claimed weight is quite inaccurate. Even take out valves this is a 1300g wheelset not 1240.

I considered stuff like extralite with berd that is under 1000g but their warranty is terrible and hard to deal with them in Europe, saw plenty of reviews that their customer service is bad and they were rude when I asked questions so I went with a safe option.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply! I’m in the market for some new wheels too and considered the Roval SL as well. I considered a full BERD wheelset with We Are One rims and the Zipp Hitop as well as Reserve 28. They seem to be all in the ballpark weight wise and I can’t make up my mind… My Epic 8 should be ready to ride by next weekend regardless. Looking forward to it. Happy trails with your new weapon. Ride save!

1 Like

If you’re into real weight weenie options I’ve seen some people running stans grail cb7 grail hoops with MTN hubs. Around $1000 built and ~1215g depending on hubs and spokes

the reserve will be heavier even with 180 hubs compared to the zipp or roval

seems like fork only

1 Like

yesterday I just dicovered the wheels Avancini was running last year, close to 1000gr but they are definitely not cheap

1 Like

I have Extralite CarboCamber 330s but with steel spokes. They weigh around 1050g for the set and ride really well, but I have killed a wheel. There isn’t a warranty for smashing one into a rock and they are pricey to replace/repair even with their crash replacement discount. They do feel incredible though.

1 Like

And the very next post is……

Joe

“look at my white bike”?

sorry I don’t follow :smiley:

This bike is in the very next post……black and silver lol.

2 Likes

ah :smiley: sorry, didn’t catch on… you can’t debate on taste and everyone is different. “Whatever floats your boat”

they are using BERD spokes. if you’d want something similar but cheaper, you could order NEXTIE alpha/omega rims and let a local builder make you a wheelset with DT hubs. That could be more cost effective, depending on where you live.

As a heavier, non-sponsored weekend rider, that rim weight of 280g isn’t that confidence inspiring to be honest. PI Rope also offers pretty light wheelsets and all their wheelsets that are around 1000g are not meant for systemweights >100kg, so not for me. That’s why I personally wrote such light rims off.