🎉🎉🎉 Announcement: Personalized Custom Training Plans! 🎉🎉🎉

I am still lost.

The workout schedule was Perkins, which is displayed correctly on the calendar

The workout proposed as an adaptation was Wagontire, which is 01:15:00, but is displayed as 00:00:00 on the calendar.

I think they were trying to say that a 1 has been cut off and and TrainerRoad AI was serving you up a 100:00:00 (i.e. a 100 hour) ride.

I chuckled a little at the time… all the explaining since hasn’t helped the joke though… :grin:

This looks like a bug, I’m reporting this for engineers to look at.

We need to button down cycling, then we’ll move to Triathlon. We don’t plan on leaving this feature until triathlon is done too.

5 Likes

Im going to have someone from support reach out to you.

Yes, we’re working on this right now and have been since before launch.

5 Likes

We have the plan name autogenerated based on either:

1. Event you’re making the plan for
  2. The goals you’re training for

We used to have the name as the first step, but it’s unneeded thought at that point when it can autofil llater.

The start date is needed in order to select your events or understand how long your plan is going to be because we have to think about other plans on your calendar.

That does look like a bug. Thanks for reporting it.

1 Like

It shouldn’t give you a week of each. I haven’t seen that before. We’ll look into that.

Are you saying you want a workout duration on Saturday for Build vs Base?

Right now, you can edit them as the plan progresses. So when you hit build, click on your plan on the calendar and edit the Saturdays.

Before we had it for each block but it wasn’t widely used and added complication.

2 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

Like, if I manually add training phases (e.g. base 1: It would be great to adapt the duration of specific days of the week for the whole block.

Even better if I could tell it to do a specific number of days, outside of low - mid - high :slight_smile:

I think @SilvanK is referring to the UI when manually adding a single training phase to a plan (as opposed to using the CTP wizard).

ie. this interface, which allows you to move workouts between days, but doesn’t allow you to define the workout durations:

2 Likes

We have an update to address that, it’s in the next milestone.

1 Like

You’re not the only one. I’m embarrassed by how many bugs there were/are. We’re working hard to get them all fixed quickly.

We definitely need to do better. Even if this was early access this would be too many bugs.

17 Likes

I think the word “hard” is key here. If you’re going easier you could apply the plan as is and then we’ll adjust as you go forward if you really are going easier/harder than the you would for that 2 hour threshold ride.

yes, you could also choose a 4 day week and drop the wed ride.

1 Like

You can still add polarized plans like you did before.

You also still have direct control of your training days. Can you be more specific about what you’re looking for?

As an aside, I’d like to be able to choose the workout duration based on zone, such as 1½-2h for sweetspot, 1-1½h for threshold, 45’-1h for VO2 max, etc. Probably another situation of me being an edge case. :laughing:

We don’t have a good way to plan for your ultra marathon right now. If there’s a good amount of time between them, I would do a “conservative” training approach on the bike while doing your marathon training (if you want to keep some cycling fitness).

Then do probably switch to a demanding or aggressive approach and drop the running on your way to do the ultra.

I suggest this because you’ll be accustomed to a lot more total training stress overall, even if it’s not cycling. I bet your body adjusts quickly to the new stress.

1 Like

Correct, this is a display bug that we’re fixing (or might have already fixed).

But as you go through your plan you’ll get different workouts.

1 Like

Same response as above. They will adapt and switch as you go through your plan.

1 Like