Cannondale SuperSix Evo (2023)

I think the confusion is arising from a slack head tube angle and slack offset having opposite effects on trail.

Correct…that is why the two work in tandem. Hopefully the diagram I posted above helps explain how the two work in tandem.

Yea yea no it makes perfect sense…it’s just everything goes to shit when it’s not clear if we’re talking about offset or head tube angle haha.

Though I will say though that while it does make sense and the diagram shows it…yea the offset is a bit counterintuitive until you really think about it.

1 Like

So happy with the bike that I managed to (barely) convince my girlfriend to get one as well :slight_smile:

She kept it stock with 105 Di2, but with Roval Alpinist CL. Size 48.

6 Likes

Any chance that’s her BMC on top of the car? I"m interested in how the TeamMachine and SuperSix compare. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah thats hers! :slight_smile:

She’s just ridden the SuperSix for two hours so far, but the first thing she said was that it felt much more direct (that it kind of just went exactly where she wanted it to go), and that it felt more stiff (its not lighter, but she said it feels much lighter).

1 Like

Thanks! I went from a Cannondale to a BMC. The new SuperSix has me considering going back :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I may ask, which bike size did you get and what is your height? I am 6’2 and ordered a size 56 which comes with stem 100mm. In my SSevo 2nd generation size 56 I need to slam the saddle forward and use a 110 stem too. I will let the bike get here to make some measurements

I’m 190cm (6’3 in feet I think). I have a 58 cm frame and 120 mm stem with 38 cm handlebar. As I said it’s the 3rd gen not the newest. Need to order s seatpost already… Hoped I would find one used but doesn’t seem likely.

Thanks for the info, being somewhat shorter and on sie 56 I suspect I will need to get the 120mm stem (I incorrectly wrote 110 before) and push the saddle fwd. The effective top tube length is similar between 4th and 2nd gen, that’s reassuring but the smaller reach on gen 4th makes me think that the saddle might be even further back relative to the BB. Thus I can see the need for a different seatpost (no dropback), even on my gen 2 I have considered it but never tried it.

@Dubadai I just had my Evo 3 delivered today and wanted to check something with you - did you get the aero bottles and cages included? None came with mine, and it was missing the Conceal computer mount too.

1 Like

The bottles only come on the higher end models if I understood it. So I didn’t get bottle nor the cages.

But the computer mount should be in there :open_mouth:

Thanks @Dubadai , I did think think that it might be only the higher versions that came with the bottles.

Yep, I should have had the computer mount. Though I have heard it’s not very good so maybe not so bad :smile:

Another question for you - what documentation did your bike come with? Any certificates or similar showing serial number/date of manufacture/warranty info? I got a couple of owners manuals and the Shimano etc. leaflets but no other Cannondale documents.

I’ve got a few other issues with my bike so may even need to reject it, just wondering what else I’m missing!

I would say it’s acceptable, but it’s a tad too high I think at least. Would love for it to sit lower compared to the stem…

But its nice to have it integrated with the stem and not run like a K-Edge or so…

Yeah it came with a big warranty card from Cannondale so I could register the frame, then the regular manuals. You should really make sure you get the warranty card. Albeit it was enough with the frame number to register it on Cannondales website, don’t forget to do that :slight_smile:

What issues you got? :open_mouth:

Ah, I’ll check the box to see if I’ve missed the warranty card but it’s probably not there.

Had a few small issues which added together is pretty annoying. The filler pieces for the delta steerer/stem were installed upside down, the cables were routed through the Conceal stem rather than under so a pain to swap stem etc., The seat post has a few gouges in it and the seat clamp bolt/roller pin has a crushed thread so it’s very difficult to get in and out (also worried it could damage the thread in the frame). Plus the missing bits! Hoping the retailer will come good and sort the issues or just send a replacement bike out :crossed_fingers:

It works fine by just having the frame number I think :slight_smile:

Ah shit, yeah I saw your other post about this… seems like the LBS fucked up :confused:

Yeah, they messed up a bit. Just wanted to get some more info on what others with the same model had experienced before I decide how harsh to be with them. Thanks for your help, enjoy your sweet Evo 3! :+1:

1 Like

This thread needs more pictures.

3 Likes

All those issues are unacceptable. You need to make sure you talk to the LBS ASAP. The longer you wait, the more they can say “we don’t know when those issues occurred. We built it correctly.”

I sent them an email yesterday afternoon (a few hours after it was delivered and I had inspected it) detailing each issue with accompanying pictures so should be well covered on that front (will call them on Monday morning if nothing heard before then). Problem is it’s not really an LBS, it’s a well known online retailer in the UK so not quite as straightforward to deal with (I knew the risk I was taking but your always hopeful). They do have a store ~ 2 hours away so I might be able to take it there to talk to someone in person, but hopefully they’ll resolve it quickly without needing to resort to that.

Not a great biking summer for me so far, this after the original delivery date was pushed back twice and a new set of MTB wheels I had built were “lost” (= stolen) by the courier, took over two months to get back despite having insured them :roll_eyes:

Still looking forward to riding the new SuperSix though, will feel quite different to my 2015 Canyon Ultimate I think.

1 Like