Cannondale SuperSix Evo (2023)

Here you go, haha! Albeit with rider also on most of em :joy:

Both girlfriend and I got the new SuperSix. She went with stock but with Roval Alpinist. I upgraded to Ultegra Di2 and Dura Ace C60s.

I also run the Pro Pursuit Alu 36cm handlebar.

9 Likes

Good news….let us know how it turns out.

1 Like

Does the quarq dfour power crank match up perfectly with the new Ultegra 12 speed chainrings?

1 Like

No, so I actually use the Dura Ace chainrings so it matches better :nerd_face:

There is a colour difference in Ultegra and DA.

12 speed DA chainrings don’t match the Quarq perfectly but close enough!

great thread/ feedback so far – I went to see this bike in person and was hoping for a test ride but they didn’t have anything in my size.
I’m looking for a bike to replace my 2016 pro pal SL that was destroyed in an accident earlier this summer and this looks like it would fit the bill nicely.
I’m looking for a bike to replace my 2016 Propel SL that was destroyed in the accident earlier this summer and this looks like it would fit the bill nicely.
Here in Canada is the price difference of about $1000 between the 105 (evo 3) and Ultegra (evo2)models in the Ultegra model comes with carbon bars and carbon wheels.
It’s a no-brainer for me that the price differential is well worth it but unfortunately there is no stock available anywhere atm.
When I was inquiring about the Evo two, they had a hi mod two in stock, and the sales person seems pretty eager to move it because I wasn’t even discussing or looking at that bike and he came back to me with the price of 9000 versus the retail of 10,600 so if anyone in the Ottawa area is looking for a hi mod to let me know and I can point you to a shop where you can get a pretty good deal.
Following this thread with great interest and really enjoying the photos of the bikes, they look fantastic.

I’m glad I asked! I will need to do the same thing.

Do you mind posting a pic up close of the cranks with the DA chainrings?

1 Like

I work for a retailer. None of the Evo 3’s we’ve built have come with the computer mount.

The seatpost clamp needs to be greased on one side and carbon paste on the other. It’s the only bike we sell where I’m meticulous about torque-ing the seatclamp to spec every single test ride. I have seen the scratches it can deliver to the post firsthand if over tightened.

Love the bike, so much so I got one for myself. Hi-Mod 2.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. That’s interesting that you’ve not had the cycle computer mount with the Evo 3. I wonder if Cannondale stopped including them to get stock out faster? Or those that got it were just lucky to have it included?

My seat post wedge did have the paste and grease applied correctly at least, but the roller pin that pushes on the wedge has damaged threads which made it very difficult to remove. It’s even harder to reinsert so I’ve let it for now until I hear back from the shop on how they plan to fix this.

Out of interest, are you routing the cables under the Conceal stem or through it?

It matches up with 11spd DA and the chainrings of 11spd work with 12spd no problem

There’s also a 4iiii powermeter for Shimano 12spd that’s supposedly better than shimanos own pm. Or faveros.

I run them under, not through, as I want to make it easier for myself when packing the bike :slight_smile:

Weird, both mine and my girlfriends bike got them… :open_mouth: The only thing that was “missing” in the box was the spacer to use a regular stem if you don’t wanna run the conceal.

For sure, here is a photo :slight_smile:

It lines up fine enough to not notice that its a bit off (since its made for 11sp officially)

Do you mean under tighten? As in, too low and it slips and gets those scratches?

I have applied a generous of carbon paste, and torque to 7.5.

2 Likes

Yeah 100% none of the 3’s had the mount. On the seatpost have seen both instances. A customer overtorqued and put what looked like a crack in his and also undertorqued post slipped and big scratch. I think the computer mounts are in short supply. I have been trying to get them all summer.

1 Like

The good thing with how it’s designed at least, is that it’s very easy to get plenty of carbon paste in there without it overflowing at the top. Don’t like posts where it’s so tight that almost no paste gets in.

One thing I do dislike with the bike is the thru axles though. The shims and rear two piece one…

Weird that its differing with the computer mounts… Hate when companies does such thing and don’t let the customer know.

At least have a card in there with a code so they can get it for free later or something.

Came down with a cold so here are some more photos of the bike since I couldn’t go on a ride with it today…

7 Likes

Absolutely stunning photos. Do you have a personal camera crew or what? And where is that?

#relationship_goals

1 Like

Hehe, this is at home :smiley: Got a Fujifilm X-T2 that I rarely use now since iPhone cameras are so good nowadays. But it’s nice to take some photos here and there!

We just got back from 3 weeks in the Alps and Dolomites so it’s a mess at home, hence bike has to live in the living room at the moment :sweat_smile:

Yeah I have a quarq pm on my 11s DA but on my next bike I’ll likely go with 12s

1 Like

Couldn’t resist this smoke black HiMod frameset with Mike’s Bikes Mega sale. It’s about to get multiple coats of Silca Graphene Spray Wax.

Update: Here’s after a clean with Gyeon ceramic prep then six coats of the Silca wax. The gloss gets glossier while the matte stays matte. Photobomb by Jon, looking to head outside.

8 Likes

What was the discount on that if you don’t mind me asking? The website says “email for discount.” Curious what it cost as they look amazing.

Also, did you weigh the frame?

On my Escali kitchen scale the frame is 856 g with hardware. It’s a 56. Fork seems kinda porky at 444 g uncut. I think it looks amazing in real life :star_struck:

They’ll email the discount right away. It was around 15%.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how easily this bike fits on a smart trainer? Straightforward or more involved? Do you need the special Cannondale 2in1 trainer thru axle?

Looking to use the bike on a Wahoo KICKR.