Cannondale SuperSix Evo (2023)

True. I quit watching the thread after I built mine. Some adapters look better than others. I got a Conceal stem to have a perfect fit. It doesn’t seem like it’s made to have spacers up top, but someone on weight weenies showed some alternate stem with upper spacers. I originally built mine with a lot of room to move the bars down, and I’ve been cutting the fork down over time. It’s a bit of a pain. Good luck!

1 Like

What do you think of yours? Happy now you have the position set?

I’ve never had a properly integrated bike and I’m constantly tinker with my position, I’m wondering if these means an integrated bike for me just isn’t the right thing or, if I can use the above spacer kit I can have a very clean looking, semi-integrated system which is still adaptable.

I love the bike. It’s very comfortable and feels quick. I have the Conceal stem with Enve aero handlebar. I don’t want an integrated bar/stem because I travel with it. I have the cables under the stem and they aren’t noticeable.

For me, adjusting the bars means cutting the fork. I think WW is the right place to ask about a chimney.

What color is this frame actually? Some pictures it looks white. Some it looks gray or almost tan? How you you describe it in real life?

Hello All,

Brand new around and it follows the acquisition of a Cannondale SuperSix Evo… After more than 1.000km I am sold on it… However this is my first carbon, aero, disc brake bikes so a lots of new stuffs for me on the mechanical side.

I have an issue with the Stem. I m sharing 2 pictures for you to have a look.
So, I do have the original Stem - Looks like the C1 Conceal Stem.
when I was rebuilding it, one of the “screw” broke up with few millimetres staying out.
The questions I do have are:

1. Do you think I can take it out and just replace the screw? - If yes, what would be your method?
  2. If I do replace the Stem, I need to take out the cable and so on - Due to that, I will have reset the Hydraulic system for the brake, and reset all the cable? Basically a big mess.
  3. In my opinion, a screw breaking on that place, would be a Quality issue from the factory. With your experience, could it be my fault when I mounted the stem back?

Thanks !

It will depend on why it broke. You’ll need to assess the integrity of the threads once you have the bolt removed. As long as you can get a new bolt to fully seat, you should be OK.

There are bolt removal tools that you can use to extract the snapped bolt.

Yes, you will need to disconnect and then re-bleed the brakes. This is the downside of integrated cockpits. But as long as you can get a new bolt to seat properly, you’ll be good with the original stem.

It could be your fault if you over-tightened it and did not use grease on the bolt. When dealing with bolts on carbon stems, always use a torque wrench. Then ensure you are using the proper setting (usually. ~5nm for stem bolts).

1 Like

Thanks, for the insights. Will look at the tools and try to get it out before getting into some new territories with bleeding the brake and avoid the big mess.

I used a Torque Wrench and you’re correct, it is 5nm for stem bolts. My thoughts were it might have not been properly straight and put some tension in the screw.

If it is cross threaded, then you will definitely need a new stem. Check it carefully.

I did little by little to hold and then tighten it later on. Maybe too late and my thoughts were that the screw would lightly “bend” and break. My feeling was it kinda broke net like a chisel on a rock.

Will investigate, this week after cleaning the bike and taking it out from the box and will keep you posted.

Thanks for your message :slight_smile:

Ok, so logically I know the answer to this question. But I’m having a hard time deciding on a size. I’ve been on Tarmacs (SL6, SL7, SL8), all size 58. I’m 188cm. I originally figured I’d just get a 58. But one shop I talked to said the new SSE runs big and I should size down. I looked over geo charts and compared all the numbers. The 58 seemed like a good fit still. But then I rode a 56.

Does this look too small? I have 30mm of spacers (including the bearing cover). The seatpost is at my normal height. I would need to swap out for a longer stem, either 120 or 130mm. Maybe I’m brainwashed by the “slam the stem” feeling but I’ve never run this many spacers. On the 58, I could run 10mm (5mm bearing cover + 5mm spacer). Basically, I can get my normal fit on the 56, but I’d have the stack of spacers and a long stem. Or I go with the 58 and almost slam it.

Here’s a closer shot without editing the chimney out.

I have two Supersix in a larger size than I like on Specialized (60 vs 58). I’d be very surprised if Cannondale dramatically changed the sizing/geometry on the2023 SS. Everything I’ve seen indicates no such change.

I think it looks alright :slight_smile:

What’s your sadle hight from the bootoom bracket out of interest?

Honestly if the 58 fits you from a teach perspective which it will because you think about longer stems. The 58 is probably the more fitting frame. The only reason to go for the 58ä6 would be saving weight on the frame or if you prefer the feel of the smaller frame…

Center BB to top of saddle (not rails) is 82cm. Measured straight up seatpost to about mid saddle. I run 170mm cranks.

Yea, I see your point. On the 58 I was planning on running a 120mm stem like on my Tarmacs. On the 56 I’d need a 130mm and it would still be slightly shorter than what I was running. The 58 just looked huge for some reason. There’s a good amount less exposed seatpost on the 58 (like 50mm). It just visually looked too big when I set it against my 58 Crux.

That’s pretty spot on. I decided to go with the 58. I can just about slam it (only 5mm spacer needed) and use my normal length stem.

I bought the EF Team bike from the women’s team owner Linda Jackson recently and built it out myself. Its a fantastic bike and rides very differently than my Tarmac SL5 and Aethos. Super stable–I think because of the longer wheelbase. I’m in love with this bike!

2 Likes

I have the same handle bar on my SuperSix, very comfortable.

1 Like

I have the Viper Green EVO 3, upgraded with some nice wheels, it is quite a nice ride

2 Likes

Been looking around at SSE, Foils, Aeroad, etc…

The EVO3 Viper Green + some Lightbicycle Turbo 50 wheels I have on order is the exact setup I think I’m going with. Swap cranks + stem and I think I’ll end up with a pretty solid ride…

How do you like it with some more miles on it? Any downsides or other models you wish you considered more seriously?