Cycling Memes and Jokes

Best I’ve gotten is “is that a Peloton?”
…this rig costs more than your car

16 Likes

Hilarious and not sure why people are so hung up on it. Heck, I stopped drinking 4+ years ago and that is a big chunk of change. Everyone has there thing and usually it costs a decent amount they just don’t think about it as it is “justified”.

1 Like

The wife had a friend ‘crash’ at the house one night. I had the rower and bike on a trainer in the living room and we warned her about the rower, and she saw it multiple times that evening, and yet STILL tripped on the rower, left clinging to the bike and almost ended up in hospital. Her friend called it a ‘torture device’ (not far from the truth) and vowed never to stop over and crash here ever again. ‘Who has exercise equipment in their living room?!?!’ she screamed, waking us up. (We put in a night light)

The wife was pissed that it happened, but actually glad too (if you are drunk, find someplace else to crash). Mixed blessing. We do have an ‘exercise room’, but use the living room for ‘overflow’. We had a Bow Flex, Peloton, LeMond spin bike, treadmill, elliptical, lat rack, invert back machine, and yoga mats in the official room. That didn’t include the many bikes we have.

I love the questions: ‘Is that better than a Peloton?’, ‘Why do you still have a Peloton if you have ‘that’?’, ‘It looks (too) complicated.’, etc…

2 Likes

Good for you and I use my basement as my workout room with a treadmill, weights, and 2 trainers for my daughter and I. And my 2 bikes and that stuff.

Too many people don’t prioritize fitness, wellness or even general health, especially in the US. Ok enough and back to the memes.

2 Likes

Both my wife and I cycle and have five bikes each, we’ve no garage so there are two bikes by the door, four in our bedroom, one in the spare bedroom, two in the office which is where the turbo is and one upside down in the kitchen waiting to be fixed.

That’s normal right?

17 Likes

No… not enough upside down waiting to be fixed.

2 Likes

It’s not normal but I’m going to show it to my wife who is trying to enforce a “one in, one out” policy on bikes, hopefully she’ll realise how lucky she is that we have a mere 8 bikes between 4 people and a garage to store them in as well!

6 Likes

It might not be normal, but probably is optimal

2 Likes

Grinds teeth.

2 Likes

Way too many words… back to the images!

8 Likes

Your ratio is much better than mine: 4 people, 5 bikes… 3 of them are mine BUT WHATEVER ROOM TO GROW.

1 Like

100 Likes

Nevermind…

Me every time i do a lunch workout and expect to have the energy to swim in the evening.

5 Likes

Let me wake up every day at 4:30am to do a wo so I can be productive at work.

5 Likes

45 Likes

That reminded me of this, which spawned a long discussion about giraffametric measurements.

2 Likes

Same vibe

32 Likes

Live footage of @mcneese.chad moderating the TR forums:

45 Likes

:joy:

:100: truth!

Reply, refresh, merge, refresh, reply, refresh… rinse & repeat :wink:

7 Likes