Cycling Memes and Jokes

We’ve all been there.

(If you haven’t, you need to find some faster people to ride with.)

3 Likes

Me with CX:

Pre-race: Ah yea, I love cross! This is so much fun!
First lap: Ok wow, that was a fast start, it’s got to slow down soon.
Middle of the race: Ok, this is stupid, I’m miserable, who thinks this is fun? I should quit, I hate this.
Finish: That was the hardest race ever, zero fun, I’m never doing this again.
30 minutes later: I should check BikeReg, maybe there’s a race next weekend.

30 Likes

14 Likes

Off topic, but as a follow up to my previous post (Cycling Memes and Jokes - #4214 by PoweredByBacon), for 2022 I ended up:
-entering 6 centuries (5 imperial, 1 metric)
-completing 5 centuries (4 imperial, 1 metric)(DNF’d at mile 80 with leg cramps and spasms. I’ve since learned about sodium and proper fueling…)

I’ve decided to scale back in 2023: only penciling in 3 imperial centuries. Oh, and my first triathlon. Hopefully an Olympic, but probably a Sprint…

(insert Jackie Chiles gif here that this is outrageous, egregious, and preposterous)

7 Likes
16 Likes

Ready to send!

4 Likes

Like many others, that’s exactly where my two KIRK frames failed.

All that and a cable lock!

Anyone find some extra minutes this weekend?

45 Likes

12 Likes

This is SO good (and true)!! :rofl:

That’s probably @mcneese.chad !

Less so these days, actually :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

35 Likes

I have to say this in an Aussie accent for it to work. I can hear GPLama saying it.

2 Likes

Took me a minute to get that!

4 Likes

Me: My best cross result ever (thanks TR!). Upgrade points for the first time in my life!

Crossresults:

6 Likes

17 Likes

You’ve clearly never seen me try to kick a ball around

8 Likes

Way back around the turn of the century, a good friend was racing the Xterra championship in Hawaii. The NBC crew was there and they threw a camera on him (he was a model and known to them) on the run. He was suffering (visibly) when he said this same: “If it were easy, they’d call it football.”

2 Likes