Cycling Memes and Jokes

Tour Int did a test backing up these numbers. Though they used the same wind tunnel and the wheels.

Found on Reddit.

33 Likes

26 Likes

Isn’t that just a shield for sunburn?

24 Likes

Thankfully my apprentice called in late so he also didn’t have to suffer from the freshly cut onions in my shop yesterday.

6 Likes

Got the new weight weenie steerer tube. So light, it’s invisible.

Not really a meme just wanted to share my stupidity today for your enjoyment. Hope your 4th of July is going better than mine.

9 Likes

the fork is sticking out at the bottom… .right…??

I’m thinking this was a steerer cut too short??

2 Likes

Missed adding in stem stack height to their equation. :wink:

2 Likes

43 Likes

My take on IKEA chair assembly. I hope it will make you feel better :smiley:

11 Likes

At what point did you realize? Did you flip it over or was it before that?

2 Likes

Bingo! More specifically, took the stem off to measure the stem stack height, then forgot to put it back on to mark the steerer.

4 Likes

Any luck tracking down a replacement?

I feel for you :grimacing:

2 Likes

My shop is on an extended closure for the holiday. Talked to another shop and they said they could order a replacement. So I have to wait until Monday to get one ordered.

3 Likes

Reminds me of this that showed up on a ride invitation on Strava. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
20240220 backwards bike kmV3y_IrpoDas6n-HpKVr4r2TTAr_vG9B3jEYtnPF3o-2048x1536

15 Likes

Yep, every nut and bolt was tightened, grabbed it, flipped it, and… whoops.

2 Likes

At least it’s an easy fix. Couple screws, flip the back, put screws back on.

Cutting the fork too low is an expensive mistake.

2 Likes

First time I cut a fork, I think I measured it over a dozen times. My MIL was a residential builder, and always said ‘measure twice, cut once’. I just measured it all of the ways I thought I could screw it up, and added a half inch, just in case. You can add spacers, but making it longer is damn near impossible. Like the business I ran for decades: running computer network wiring. One client objected to the cost of a ‘drop’, and the ‘excess wire’, but I said, if I had to run the wire again because it was too short, it would double the cost. (Plus, TBH, we didn’t bill by the foot for most drops anyway)

But in life, it’s kind of a general truism: ‘You can make it shorter, you can’t make it longer’. (After all the sweating over length, the steer tube cut was perfect! I lucked out)