Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2023)

Heh, Ascent is the company we switched to that I don’t like. Maybe we have a lower end bib from them or something, but the edges fray easily, and the chamois… nah. They are better than whatever company we used before our Eliel run, but you get what you pay for in this regard IMO.

Whoops, haha I meant the Pactimo Ascent line! Their mid-tier ones.

1 Like

Competitive Cyclist started their annual Tour sale. Some of it might be stuff that was already on sale, but a wide range of items regardless:

2 Likes

Some of those “sale” prices seem very odd…40% off, a Ridley Kanzo Fast gravel bike is $5100…but has Rival AXS for its groupset.

Are we to believe this bike with Rival really sold for ~$8K?!?!?!

Hmmmm…

6 Likes

I’ve been watching CC/backcountry for the Kanzo Fast all winter and spring and retail on it was $5100 back in March-ish. On Ridley’s site it is 5,500-ish euros.
Lord. I’m chatting with CC because I just need to know why they are up-charging so bad. They say it’s because it’s a LTD frame. Ridley doesn’t even make that. It’s called ‘elite’ and has the same carbon material. Follow up. i’m not sure where they got $1,700 from as the listed price from Ridley is 5,500 euros. Which is close to $6k usd.

Unfortunately, I don’t have an exact answer. However, our current sale price is about $1700 less than the listed price on the Ridley site though. My guess is our retail costs reflect the back-end costs of getting the bikes to our warehouses, as well as the dealer costs.

1 Like

They have a Sales Price Policy, which is so cleverly hidden that I could not find it.

If it is anything like Sales Price Policies I’ve seen at other merchants, it will contain wording stating something like “sales may have/may not have happened at original price”

It’s the classic amazon tactic. Give a fake/inflated mrsp price and then mark it off so it looks more appealing to consumers who like to feel like they are getting a deal

3 Likes

For Amazon, I use and app called Keepa that tracks product prices so you can see the price range over time. And you can track a product and choose to be notified when a product drops below a certain price point.

4 Likes

Oh, the tactic has existed long before amazon…but this was just so incredibly blatant, I was shocked.

I mean Rival @ $5K by itself is ridiculous, IMO, but to then promote the ludicrous idea that the bike is 40% off? Laughable.

3 Likes

GoPro does this too. It’s pretty much commonplace.

1 Like

Let’s not do this. I’m just here for the deals.

13 Likes

Yeah, let’s refocus please.

6 Likes

Haven’t seen it posted, Castelli is having 25+% off right now on a ton of stuff.

1 Like

Are you near a Backcountry retail store? Last year they were having 50% off anything in stock. Chicago was a new location, so everything was current season. We have Yeti and Ridley instock here.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cycling Memes and Jokes

Chapter 2 bikes, a boutique brand from Mike Pryde in New Zealand has marked down their frames. They only sell frame sets, but each paint scheme is limited edition and they look great. I opted for a Toa after I destroyed my Venge and couldn’t be happier. As a 46 year old who rides 300 days a year, this bike is fast and rides like an endurance frame in terms of comfort and compliance. Probably not as fast as my Venge in a straight line, but far more comfortable, compliant, a hair lighter, and I can stay in an aero position for a much longer time more comfortably with no compromise in power at all. (The Koko or Rere are their aero frames, Toa and Tere are a more traditional race frame.)

My Toa was $3100 (without the mana bar) when I bought it in April, and now they have marked them down about $600 more. These are screaming good deals on amazing bikes, IMO.

4 Likes

OrNot is sort of having a sale:
To help, ALL domestic orders ship for free, PLUS you get a $40 Ornot gift card if you spend $200+.

Here’s what you need to do to get your $40 gift card:

1. Add $200+ worth of stuff into your cart
  2. Checkout using this code: $40GIFTCARD
  3. We’ll email you your $40 gift card on Monday, July 10th, after we finish our warehouse move.

The offer ends Thursday, July 6th.

Any GCN+ promo codes out there?

1 Like

20% off all bottles @ waterbodl

Code= Freedom20

2 Likes

Floyd’s of Leadville 4th July sale with 20% off CBD products.

1 Like