Deals / Sales / Discounts for Cycling "Stuff" (2023)

I swear every time I open this thread it costs me money, that being said I’ve wanted a stand for a while so thanks for the link!

7 Likes

Right? I’m thinking of muting this thread because it’s so dangerous. Repair stand for half price and it’s red anodized… well I really don’t need one but maybe I’ll use it at races.

edit- Amazon also has the SPRINT repair stand for half price and free (non-Prime) delivery.

5 Likes

It’s a great stand. I just need to add a tray to it.

1 Like

I still have my original Ultimate workstand, which is basically the predecessor to the Ultralight…I bought it 29 years ago and still going strong.

Only thing I don’t like is the clamp is a bit slow to undo, so the updated version is kinda tempting.

3 Likes

Yeah, I finally upgraded from my 1997 Ultimate to the mack daddy Pro HD. The quick release clamp and better closing knobs were the whole reason I wanted to upgrade. My old one would sometimes slip on closing which got frustrating at times.

3 Likes

Same here. I ended picking up an Ultralight workstand after years of getting by without a workstand (flipping the bike over, putting it against the wall, using a pull-up bar).

2 Likes

Prepare for a new level of ease when using a stand… and frustration doing work anywhere else without one in the future afterwards :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Does that mean I need to carry one on races?

1 Like

Well, yeah :wink:

3 Likes

Not only that but you really need 2 repair stands :wink:

One with a fork mount to keep from crushing your beautiful carbon frame and a second one with a standard clamp for when you say “aw fuck it, I just need to lube the chain right quick, I don’t want to deal with the thru axle. I’ll just put it on loose”

5 Likes

Oh, you better believe I am having this internal conversation right now…“I essentially already have the Ultralight, so maybe I should just get the Sprint stand now?”

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

This might not be a proper replacement for a real sprint stand, but the Silca Hirobel is something I like having. I do actually have a sprint stand, but resort to the Hirobel most often since it is quicker to toss in my normal stand vs digging out the sprint that is folded and stuffed in a corner.

I waited and got one of their blemish sale models that made the price easier to swallow.

3 Likes

UK deal here:

105 Di2 Groupset £949. The CLEAR10 code at the top of the page doesn’t work but my newsletter signup code did. Just checked and Honey also got RUNNA to work. Extra 10% however you do it brings purchase price down to £854.10. Best I’ve seen elsewhere is 1200ish.

Old version rotors and no BB, but otherwise a complete in-series groupset. 170/172.5 cranks only.

Stumbled on it whilst looking for new running shoes - decent deals on previous season models there too if you happen to be looking.

I’m not even planning a build, so hopefully this is the fluke deal it appears to be rather than a sign of things to come!

5 Likes

3 Likes

This. I have a lot of bike stuff as a result of deals.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I have been wanting one of the bottom bracket support style stands.

After doing a bit of research, I think I will but this other version though. The Feedback stand horizontal beam is 30", which is too short for my MTB. I have a Specialized Epic Evo, size large, which measures 30.5” from bb to front through axle.

This Bikehand stand is the same concept, but is 34” long. It’s also a bit taller than the Feedback, includes a strap to keep the bike on there, and has a different way of holding the fork that just tightens down to grab your bike’s thru axle instead of having a built in sized hole. It’s cheaper to boot.

Bikehand Bike Repair Stand (Max 55 lbs or 110lbs) - Home Portable Bicycle Mechanics Workstand - for Mountain MTB Road Bikes Maintenance https://a.co/d/6gruSPS

Right now it’s showing it will be on sale Monday

Has anyone purchased a groupset shipping to the US with Merlin? I am considering this, but not sure what I should expect in any customs fees:

1 Like

I haven’t purchased from them, and I appreciate the convenience of buying everything together, but have you looked at buying the components separately? I haven’t added it up but there are deals to be had, e.g. lever/caliper sets for 50% off MSRP…

20% off cranksets too (depending of size/chainrings)

2 Likes

That’s killer deal for the shifters/calipers. Lowest I be seen.

1 Like

R8100 cassette - $56 and FD $130 at REI now as well.

2 Likes