ENVE's new $1600 Foundation Series wheels

I don’t know but I tried to rub it off. It looks like chalk or a grease marker but it seems to be under the finish coat? I don’t want to use anything too aggressive to try to remove it but it won’t come with a standard rub down.

What a shocker, please send these back!

Absolutely no chance I’d keep these. They may be more affordable, but that doesn’t make them cheap. For $1600, I’d expect blemish-free.

2 Likes

Yep…considering they’re made at enve HQ you would think quality control would be better.

1 Like

who’s doing unbiased ENVE reviews (or any unbiased wheel reviews in general)?

And to what degree? I don’t think I have seen systematic, scientific reviews of aerodynamics in real-world conditions à la dcrainmaker. Most manufacturers just give (their own) numbers from the wind tunnel. But unless you ride in a velodrome, the flow will never be laminar. Yes, it is hard, but still.

1 Like

Finally got them and took today to get them set up. I’m running 69 PSI and the wheel is slightly wider than the tire when all mounted up with these tires:

Schwalbe Pro One, V-Guard, TLE, Addix (2020) – 28mm

Pretty sick hoops!

11 Likes

Damn that looks good.

I’ve been looking at the same tires but have been worried about clearance on my SuperSix. Mounting them to ENVE 3.4 Discs, but it’s the same internal width so I’m sure it’d be similar. Any idea what the measured width is on your 65s?

Thank you!

It was pretty spot on 28mm with the micrometer. I can take a pic and post it if it will help? Not digital though so you have to count the ticks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nah, no need to go through the trouble. If they fit on yours with these rims, they should work on mine too!

Wow, they compliment your bike really well. Great look!

Let’s hear some ride reports once you get some miles on them.

1 Like

Absolutely will do, and thank you!

Congrats, those are some pretty tidy looking wheels. How do you like them so far? How doe they behave in cross winds?

So I got my 45s installed and have done 3 rides with them! So far the wheels are amazing! I really love them (how they look and behave). I live in Kansas so going with the 65s was going to be a problem with the wind. The 45s are perfect. Yesterday, I rode with a cross wind of 16-19mph and no handling issues whatsoever.

That all set… I did get 2 flats on 3 rides with the Schwalbe Pro One, V-Guard, TLE, Addix (2020) – 28mm. I am not happy with that selection. I might have a faulty valve (or my rimtape job sucked on the front). I am gong to inspect it today and see what is up.

Here is a picture of my bike…because why not?

3 Likes

Roubaix or Diverge? (I can barely tell the difference between the last gen.) Either way, great looking ride!

I’d be interested in hearing what you find with the flat issue—the Pro One 28mm is what I’ve been looking at for my next set of tires.

I went back and forth between the 45s or the new ZIPP 303 S, but ultimately went with the ZIPPs because I’ve always wanted to try a set and I already have ENVE 3.4s on my “main” bike. Hoping I don’t regret it and wish I would’ve gone for the ENVEs.

2 Likes

Roubaix (dropped seat stays and low post clamp is the clue I use).

2 Likes

A lot of room and clearance as you can see. Everything comes in 28 ish mounted and fully pressurized. Plenty of room in there even if the pics don’t do it justice.

1 Like

Interestingly, it doesn’t look like these measure any bigger than the 25c GP5000s I’m running now. I think I’ll go with the 28s in these! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Christ almighty! These $1600 wheels are somehow £1800 in the UK. Nope, nope, nope.

2 Likes

Heh, yes! I went to check them out and thought “wtf” – ~$2,350