What Beer are you enjoying?

No idea about the beers, but I approve these names.

3 Likes

Xul PB&J Mixtape (sour) for the wife

Xul Rhymes like Dimes (hazy) for me

4 Likes

When to the Sushi place around the corner (5-10 minute walk), and they just got liquor license. Beer list is completely meh, so I tried a cocktail:

Lychee Mojito

and it was AWESOME for this beer-and-wine only guy.

Best sushi in town!

6 Likes

I need to make a trip to Trader Joe’s, that looks pretty good. Can is cool too!

2 Likes

haven’t seen that at our Trader Joe’s, and from visiting in different areas they tend to have local beers.

Elktoberfest from the new brewery down the street from my house. Tasty.

Good selection of beers, some IPAs, a couple Belgians, the Festbier I had, Red Ale, and Session:

the former brewery at that location did not have good beer.

These guys know how to brew beer :+1:

4 Likes

Shadow of a Doubt Imperial Porter from Russian River Brewing Company. Tasty!

6 Likes

Seeing as how I’m not well versed in dark beers, this NA version doesn’t taste all that bad.

7 Likes

I’ve been wanting to try that one. I plan on ordering that the next time I make one.

Since the local craft beer store closed, it has been more challenging to get the new releases from my fave brewery, Hop Butcher……but man, was this one good.

Hawaii Cut DIPA….juicy without being too hazy or thick.

4 Likes

With my brother-in-law (birthday two days ago) whose wife was in the infamous Motorboatin pic above. So we had a Morgan Territory Motorboatin’ and then

4 Likes

Don’t normally keep beer in the house, but a friend dropped these over to say thanks. My all time favourite beer. 9% stout from the locally brewery.

5 Likes

I am thrilled that Czech Dark Lagers seem to be on a roll lately….and this one was fantastic.

Revolution Brewing Pragueress Czech Dark Lager (get it?)….so good. And the can design is next level.

3 Likes

Shorts (I believe. Might have been Stone?) had a ‘Christmas Tree IPA’, and I thought it sounded goofy enough to be interesting, and it was really damned good. I haven’t seen it in a few years though, sadly. That brew sounds interesting. Something about the hops playing on the pine flavor made it a 9 to me. :+1:

1 Like

Last local beer before a trip to sample some foreign beers

Very good, but I’m a sucker for wheat beers with fruit.

2 Likes

Russian River doesn’t miss :+1:

can’t remember ever having a Hop Butcher but will keep an eye out :handshake:

I think I’ve found this weekend’s indulgence; 2 of my favorite breweries and I only live ~3 miles from each but I’ve never seen this collab.

3 Likes

:+1: Found that at a bar in Sutter Creek, up in the foothills of the Sierra (of all places!).

1 Like

Excellent, well-balanced Hazy. In fact, everything I’ve had from Abnormal has been quite good.

I’m a big fan of Harland’s Hazy IPA and I’ve heard good things about Black Plague, so I was keen to give this one a try, but it was too dry and kinda tasteless for my liking. Still totally drinkable and might come alive if paired with the right food but it lacks the juiciness that I like.

Solid ★★★★☆

5 Likes

Hazy Dreams makes me want to find Abnormal beer locally, and Dream Responsibly.

Also going to look out for Business Oracle.

2 Likes

Good local beer last night, after a couple days in the Costa Rican cloud forest.

2 Likes

Numu brewery

Yummy.

Always read about your beer

We are researching Blue Zones…

:blue_square:

4 Likes