Zwift Integration (Xert got there 2nd)

Surprised to see this at the bottom of my “Your week in Zwift” e-mail, snuck that out quietly

Edit **

Link in the e-mail

5 Likes

At this point I want this more than WLV2 :joy:

5 Likes

TriDot and Xert are not ones I expected to be at the forefront of their API launch.

1 Like

I was surprised there was no announcement / lack of noise

From the link in the e-mail

Hmmm, strange that TR are late to the party so to speak.

Xert’s implementation is quite smart - unlike TrainingPeaks it sends the actual power targets to Zwift so you don’t have to worry about keeping your threshold/FTP perfectly aligned in two platforms.

5 Likes

Their slope intervals also get sent as free ride intervals so ERG disengages.

3 Likes

Now that IS impressive

Any timeline for TrainerRoad and Zwift intergration?

2 Likes

:weary:

Keep in Mind Gally, that post from TR was 28 days ago

It also takes two to tango, so if Zwift isn’t allowing it yet then nothing TR can do. Same goes for everyone else wanting to launch.

2 Likes

I understand, but it’s the one feature I’m really anticipating.

I thought TR would be the first of them :confused:

1 Like

I just use a tablet and let TR control the trainer. I get the best of both worlds.

Yeah but some of consider the best of both worlds to be doing a TR workout in the Zwift player, so you get the little things like being able to turn erg on and off in a single click without stopping, changing intensity without taking your hands on the handlebars (if you have the play controllers) e.t.c, and proper recording of the workout so that if you stop that is recorded as well

Also TR doesn’t recomend dual recoding

I’m not really, new API’s are a bitch, you are opening your system to other companies to use, you think you have ducks in a line and they abuse the freck out of it, bringing your system to it’s knees, so it sometimes makes sense to start with limited access and build it up

2 Likes

I suspect it has more to do with prioritization and resourcing on TR’s side but I agree, this kind of integration is always more complicated than it looks. I do wish this new Zwift API was public, though, I’d love to take a look at it.

2 Likes

TR Integration would be neat with Zwift, though from a business perspective I recognize the dilemma it puts TR in. Integration would give existing users a reason to explore another platform and potentially churn as a result. Its not in their best interest to make it easier for folks to use a competitor product, especially when that product has an entirely different experience to the one offered here. There also comes the cost of development over other priorities.

They have already committed to the link

3 Likes
  • Is it really possible that there are hardcore TR users who have not already heard of and tried Zwift that would be somehow swayed with this one connection? I just don’t see it being more than a rounding error considering the marketing and plain word of mouth that Zwift has garnered in a decade.
  • TR has already stated they plan to implement the integration, so it simply boils down to priorities & time management in light of their other plans.
5 Likes