🎉📆🎉 New Early Access Feature: Improved Calendar (Beta)🎉📆🎉

We do have plans to add import functionality right to the calendar, likely via a simple drag and drop action. It’s used by so few athletes we’ve tended away from giving it its own button.

2 Likes

If creating a Note with a moderate-to-long amount of text in the name, such as you might for a Note spanning a week or several days, the “drawer” interface is really poor since it severely limits the visible width of the Name field (vs. the old Calendar pop-up interface), meaning that you can only see a few of the words that you’re entering - you can only see the full text once you’ve actually saved the Note and it appears on the Calendar. A clear backward step vs. the prior interface for this specific aspect…

Very narrow field in new UX not good for entering longer text…

Am I the only person who regularly uses long form Note names such as this, which benefit from having a much wider field when entering/editing the text?

Suggestion: How about making the NAME text field a taller (multi-line) field with text-wrapping, akin to the DESCRIPTION field, so that it’s easier to enter longer Note titles by having more of the entered text visible when you’re typing it? Wasn’t really a problem in the old UX due to the wider pop-up vs. the new narrow Drawer design.

Here’s a bigger issue, regarding fonts, with TSS values now not visible at all, and Activity names losing visibility rather than simply being truncated as in the old Calendar:

Old Calendar: TSS visible, and Activity name truncated but visible - Good compromise!:

New Calendar: TSS now missing, and Activity Name whole words removed (replaced by elipses) if they won’t fit, rather than being truncated - Much worse!

Lots of other examples of this, which render readability of my Calendar really poor, as so much of the basic useful information (TSS & Activity names!) are now hidden.

I’m using exactly the same browser Zoom settings in both instances. I don’t want to change that (as a potential workaround) since both this forum and the Calendar are (as of a few years ago) in the same domain, hence the same browser zoom settings apply to both sites, and if I was to zoom in on the Calendar it also zooms the forum in, making the text here too small.

Why in the new Calendar cannot the same information (Activity Name & TSS) be accommodated, in what looks like the exact same screen real estate, as was accommodated in the old Calendar?

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. We’ve made it a point to improve readability and how we truncate information on smaller screens with the calendar, and what you’re seeing does not reflect our intention (nor how I’m seeing long titles displayed!) I think you may have found a device- or setting-specific bug, and our UX engineers will look into it. Do you mind sharing what browser and device you’re on?

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue but not on all rides. I have some that show duration, TSS, and IF, others that show duration and TSS and yet others that only show duration.

1 Like

We have a known issue with data missing from days with multiple rides. Are you seeing this on days with just one activity, too?

Yes

1 Like

Seems like I can’t drag Strength workouts in the calendar and have to edit it instead to move

1 Like

This is a known issue we should be working on fixing within the next couple days. I’ll add this to the known issues list today; I overlooked this last time I updated it.

1 Like

I’m using Chrome on a Chromebook.

1 Like

I have a Right Click issue: if I copy a Calendar entry, then try to right click on the newly created (“pasted”) activity, I see the browser right click menu instead of the custom TR Calendar right click menu. A browser refresh gets things back on track.

This is quite inconvenient, as I use copy/paste like this to successively add a Run workout to multiple consecutive weeks, so I need to be able to right click each new Run in order to create the next week’s Run.

1 Like

Very good catch, thank you!

We released an update yesterday to make some initial performance improvements for athletes on Chromium-based browsers. For those of you who’ve reported scrolling issues on Chrome, Edge, and Brave, I would love to hear whether things look any better for you now.

1 Like

It’s no different at all for me on my Lenovo Chromebook with the latest version of Chrome. It still sticks and then jumps as I scroll.

Chrome Version 128.0.6613.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I seem to have a problem with the app calendar, I can’t change to an alternate or from outdoor to indoor:

Thanks, I’ll have the app team take a look! That’s unrelated to the web calendar code or any of the development work we’ve done here, but is definitely something we’ll want to resolve.

1 Like

It’s looking a lot better for me (Chrome on Linux and Win 11). Maybe not super snappy, but definitely a lot better.

It was so bad before that I had disabled the beta. Then I saw the workaround, so re-enabled the beta but hid the TSS panel. Now I’ve opened the panel back up and so far so good. Thanks!

I observed the same behavior. I am on a current version of Firefox on Windows 10

It’s a significant improvement. It’s almost perfectly smooth with the TSS graph hidden and only slightly jerky with it showing, but totally usable.

Counterpoint on the scrolling: at least for me, the new Beta Calendar scrolls very smoothly and so much faster than the old.

Setup:

• Browser: Brave - latest version
  • Mac M1 Macbook Pro