šŸŽ‰šŸ“†šŸŽ‰ New Early Access Feature: Improved Calendar (Beta)šŸŽ‰šŸ“†šŸŽ‰

Probable Bug: Calculation of ā€œOtherā€ Time - see the below screenshot where the total ā€œOtherā€ time = 43 minutes, and time from walks / strength training / etc. arenā€™t being totaled for the week

@SeanHurley - I do not see this on the bug list youā€™ve been updating and posting. Still not able to drag them around.

Still experiencing jumping/lagging issues when scrolling with Brave browser (version 1.70.119 Chromium: 129.0.6668.70 (Official Build) 64-bit).
Have hidden TSS chart.
The issue is significantly worse (and is virtually unusable) when scrolling through dates in the past with lots of notes, completed workouts, outside rides, strength training workouts.
Not quite as bad (but still jumpy and laggy) when scrolling future dates with notes and planned workouts.
No problems at all when scrolling through future dates with no notes, planned workouts or planned events - nice smooth scrolling.

SHOWSTOPPER problem for me with the beta Calendar: the loss of the ability to add workouts from a Team from within the Calendar!

I know that new users were prevented from accessing Teams earlier this year (I think?), but there are quite a number of us existing/older hands that make (extensive) use of Teams as repositories for Custom workouts. For me, specifically, I make extensive use of the SS90 ā€œMore Sweet Spot!ā€ library of workouts that @AgingCannon kindly put together (with additions to this library by a few other people recently):
More Sweet Spot!
慤
Whereas in the old/current Calendar, thereā€™s a checkbox option under Filters to select workouts from Teams:

慤
ā€¦in the new beta Calendar, this Teams checkbox option has been disappeared! :sob:

As a workaround (for nowā€¦) itā€™s still possible to add Teams workouts via the ā€œWorkoutsā€ tab (ie. not from within the Calendar itself), but obviously this isnā€™t particularly convenient, and in any case how long will that option remain before thatā€™s also disappeared?

Question for all at TR HQ: do you (a) acknowledge how useful some of these Teams are as shared repositories for custom workouts, and (b) will you commit to ensuring we retain a mechanism to (conveniently) schedule these workouts?

If this functionality is being quietly deprecated, leading to loss of functionality for a not insignificant number of us, that will be a total (unforced) tragedy. Please say it ainā€™t so!

5 Likes

The fix for this one is in testing now. I expect it to roll out Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like

I found a bug, but Iā€™m not sure if it relates to the calendar or not

All of the other pages load, and even when I reload this one, it says the same thing.

Iā€™d really like to know, too.

4 Likes

I noticed i can change a wo easy from inside to outside and vice versa , but i would also want a quick way of switching a scheduled structured workout to a solo ride or group ride

1 Like

Whatā€™s the thinking here, @SeanHurley, regarding this stealth move to seemingly do away with Teams?

Do you guys recognise that this feature provides us users with the means to create shared libraries of Custom Workouts, so that we donā€™t each have to individually ā€œre-create the wheelā€? Surely thatā€™s a useful feature? (NB it is!)

Sure, Teams looks a bit old hat now, but the ability it provides for us to share Custom Workouts is a very useful one. Why not just rename and simplify it a touch, while retaining the ability to share workouts publicly, rather than get shut of it?

Whatā€™s the logic here?

1 Like

I seem to have same issue, want to change a Two hour Solo Ride to 1 hour indoor ride.

Couldnā€™t do it in the Calendar, but could in the App

Overall, great work guys!

A minor thing, in the drawer when putting a scheduled time, itā€™s AM/PM only. Before I could type in 24h format and it would choose the right AM/PM time. (I never schedule 0-8AM so itā€™s a lot of scrolling otherwise)

Iā€™m on safari/macbook.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is a calendar issue or a plan issue, so I will post it in both threads.

As you can see, the recommended adaptation for me for tomorrow is to a workout (Wagontire) that shows in the calendar as having 00:00:00 duration.

Bug: I have ā€œEnable Adaptive Trainingā€ disabled - see screenshot below - but my calendar is showing ā€œAdaption Pendingā€ for this coming Monday - see 2nd screenshot.

Enable Adaptive Training - disabled:

Calendar (Beta) showing ā€œAdaptation Pendingā€ for this coming Monday:

Seeing this too - duration calculation for newly created repeating strength training with a start time comes in at zero duration.

And editing the same repeating event causes it to be moved to an earlier day. change the title - it moves to an earlier day. Change the duration, it moves to an earlier day. Thereā€™s something amiss with date/time at the moment. Reverting off the Calendar beta and the ā€˜moves a day on editingā€™ bug disappears.

Is it possible to have a collapsible sidebar? The Calendar in particular is really improved with the extra spaceā€¦

5 Likes

Maybe because you still have RLGL enabled? You have a red day immediately preceding that adaptationā€¦

@SeanHurley
Possible Bug

(Sorry, if already mentioned. I didnā€˜t read all the comments)

When I change my recurring strength workouts (adjusting sets) and save them again, they will be saved one day before the day, they were saved originally. If I do the same thing again, they will continuue to be saved another day before. So Monday - Sunday - Saturday and so on. It dosenā€˜t matter the date I put in, it just ignores that.

1 Like

When I switched to the new calendar, my strength workout notes (descriptions) disappeared.

Also, when I click on ā€œView Calendarā€ on another personā€™s account I get redirected to my calendar instead. @SeanHurley

1 Like

Are the notes visible from the workoutā€™s own page when you click the ā€œOpen Detailsā€ button on the bottom right?

When I click that button & the workout page opens up, I can see mine that Iā€™ve entered recently. (BTW zero working sets on this because, just getting back into it after a few months of being lax, not pushing towards failure because I donā€™t want DOMS. :crazy_face:)

Notes seem to be missing consistently from the drawer across all the workout & activity types that Iā€™ve looked at, with the exception of manually-entered ā€œOtherā€ activities, which incidentally is what I was using for strength training sessions last year. They show up in the drawer.

I agree, it would be nice to have the workout notes editable from the drawer.

I do have RLGL enabled, but Adaptive Training is a separate setting. So I should be able to see red / yellow days, but my training should be left alone. Or why have two separate selections?