🎉📆🎉 New Early Access Feature: Improved Calendar (Beta)🎉📆🎉

I use Safari on a MacBook, and this is the behavior I see 100% of the time.
I just checked using Chrome, and the drop down works fine on Chrome. Seems to be Safari related.

2 Likes

Thanks! Our engineers will take a look.

One thing with swim Hours…totals use overall time
Swim 1:23 / 0:00
While calendar entry shows duration/active time 50:41.
I think this was mentioned already but not sure.

1 Like

An engineer is looking at this right now.

This is amazing and I love the added features. It does feel weird how the drawer overlaps the calendar. I think it should instead have a column on the right of the screen that is always present and updates based on what you click on. I would also like that when I click on my upcoming outdoor workout it shows the details when I hover over the graphic (i.e. Target FTP, target watts, interval time). Lastly, the ability to switch a ride between indoor or outdoor should be a button on the top of the workout and not require clicking the edit button to go one step further in. Thanks.

One thing that appears to be missing from the new Drawer design which was present in the old modal popup design, is this:

• the ability, within the workflow of creating a new activity, to specify the date using a “date selector” tool that temporarily takes you back out to your full Calendar (with an unobscured view of it + scrolling) so you can pick a date knowing the full context of what else is already scheduled around it.

You accessed this via the “Select” tool highlighted below. This is separate to using the DATE chooser tool adjacent to it, which is just picking a date from a standard calendar tool.

This is very useful functionality if, during the workflow of adding something to the Calendar, you realise you need more context information before specifying the date, rather than just doing so blind and then having to move the activity afterwards…

The new UI seems to offer only the standard calendar tool, with no ability to (temporarily) jump out to your full actual Calendar to view candidate dates within the context of existing scheduled workouts or other actual Calendar info:

Loss of functionality seems a shame!

1 Like

You don’t need to click edit! Simply right-click the workout :yum:

1 Like

I see, thanks. Perhaps I just prefer the option to switch built in to the drawer because I have to always switch back and forth between the two so I can visually see what my workout is. Are there plans to bring the graphic view of indoor workouts to the outdoor ones? Like this:

Yes, we do plan to add this later on.

2 Likes

i watched the recent video promoting the new AI plan system. so after a few months away i returned, and its still not really doing what i need:

1. i’ve regularly been doing 12- 18 hr/ week, over many months. the new plan offers me <9 hrs/ week with 30 min and 45 min endurance sessions in there in the same week. a long ride being 3 hours, when i often do an hour before the sunday club ride. i thought the AI looked at my previous data? i had to manually increase the sunday session.
  2. i went off piste and did my own 2 hr 3x20 threshold workout, today, instead of a 45min endurance ride. tomorrow is supposed to be a 2 hr threshold session, and pending adaptions have left it there, and then made it harder! it clearly only adjusts workouts based on pass/ fail/ comments. its clearly not
    really looking at what i’m actually doing. i did associate my ride today and it adjusted the PL.
  3. when i installed my plan, i had already done a block of longer ftp workouts, including a 60min effort at 97% on the road. after ftp finder knocked 5 watts off my ftp, its been giving me shorter ftp intervals, but adding endurance bits before and after. what exactly is AI about this?

i don’t want to be manually adjusting my training, while paying for AI to train me

1 Like

My take is that it would need

• WLv2 (probably years away from realization) and
  • plan builder not being tied to predefined TR plans

to make TR work better for you without the need to manually adjust.

I think much of the AI talk is exaggerated marketing / doesn’t meet the expectations. I gave my critics in the other thread (you can expand the boxes below to get the complete picture):

4 Likes

If you’re under the expectation that AI will plan everything for you, you will be extremely disappointed likely for many years if not indefinitely. That marketing is for the new cyclist, not the competitive cyclist IMHO.

You are your own coach and you know what works for you and your schedule. For the best training you’re going to have to alter the training plans and workouts. However, if you consider TR a nice one stop shop as a workout player, calendar, AI FTP detection, etc. , your frustration will be tampered. I’ve used TR for 7 years but I haven’t used their training plans for at least the last 3+. This is partly due to their structure, but mostly because my volume and race schedule does not meet their typical user. I’m less than 1 % of their users, so I don’t expect TR to cater to my needs.

6 Likes

Wondering if anyone on macOS Sequoia with Safari 18.0.1 is having issues right clicking on a calendar entry. Every time I right-click, I get the Safari “menu”.

Could just be me, but wanted to know if anyone else had a similar issue (or if I’m not right-clicking correctly).

1 Like

Looks like it might be an issue with the Safari browser. Things work as expected using Brave & Chrome.

Haven’t read the thread so this might have been covered but not yet fixed, and may not be calendar related but since using the Beta version I can no longer create intervals on completed outdoor rides. I can create an interval, then when I hit save, it doesn’t show up in the list of intervals for that ride. All that’s there is Lap 1.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s annoying and happens to me at least half the time. I got frustrated with it and went back to the old calendar because of it. Also, because I couldn’t pull up my calendar in my browser from my phone.

We have some work in progress now that should fix this.

This is not related to the calendar, but I will have an engineer take a look at this.

2 Likes

As a software developer, hopefully I’m qualified to suggest that right-clicking in a web app is not common and usually not intuitive. I wonder if it would make more sense to put a small down-arrow icon at the bottom-right corner of the activity when mouse-over occurs, which would then open the context menu…

9 Likes

Yes, and it does not work if you use the interface with a touch device such as an iPad.

Mouse-over is an elegant solution for when you have a mouse or trackpad. But they don’t work on iPads or when you use a touch screen.

4 Likes