What Beer are you enjoying?

I’ve been looking for ‘Purple Monkey Dishwasher’.

I found a tolerable non-alcohol IPA by Athletic Brewing, and my wife said ‘Why drink it? Seems blasphemy, doesn’t it?’

2 Likes

In case anyone is looking for me Wednesday night….

3 Likes

Getting philosophical over my thumb, and seeing my ‘adopted son’ post 368W for 54+ minutes. So picked this up tonight:

5 Likes

On draft no less. Great excuse to go inside the caffe for a pizza to go.

8 Likes

Going to SLO in the morning, any tips for a good beer?

1 Like

I’d say Liquid Gravity, my friend would say Antigua. Other than that, I did enjoy Libertine but that was many years ago and they may have evolved their brews since then. I remember they had a quite a few stouts and porters but that may not be the case now. Send pics of your tastings!

1 Like

Holiday week last week - first beers in an actual pub in so long I don’t remember, and a chance to sample some Welsh brews.

Starting out before we left with a Brakspear’s Gravity - perfect accompaniment to a summer evening meal out.

Felinfoel’s IPA and Double Dragon on offer in our hotel just outside Tenby - both very good, but the Double Dragon takes the honours between them.

Best You Best and Pia Whanga from Tenby’s own Harbwr brewery, enjoyed in their own pub - both excellent.

A St Davids Brewing Co. Whitesands IPA at The Cross in St Davids - perfectly acceptable, but nothing too exciting here.

Then stopping off on the way home via the Mendips at The Litton, to round things off with a pint of… The Litton (along with the most fantastic rum & pineapple tarte tatin and coconut sorbet :yum:).

Oh, and I enjoyed the Harbwr brews so much I brought a few back with me to try out later - particularly looking forward to the chocolate orange stout.

6 Likes

Love that glass @Stevie_Dee!

@Mdavidford that looks like it was an excellent beer trip!!

This one caught my eye with Nelson Sauvin hops from New Zealand. Those were in the Plato beer I had yesterday. Love those hops!

Great pictures!

Ended up at First Friday Art after Dark, serving free wine at the museum and by the concert you could buy 805. I held out for something better but we lollygagged around and we ended up at the Grenada Hotel so that everyone but me could have cocktails…

Settled for Topa Topa Level Line Pale Ale which was tasty. Antigua was two blocks away and closed by the time we finished.

2 Likes

Missed that the first time. The “tipping martini” glass of the thread!

Fog Crusher IPA in Arroyo Grande, CA.

3 Likes

Looks like it has a serious citrus taste!

1 Like

Haven’t done a flight in years but what the hell saw my lowest ever overnight/morning RHR today which is a positive given my thumb is still f’d up. Deload for the win.

SLO Pilsner was great. Nightgrinder and Roast Coaster - nice coffee and dark notes. Ended with Pretty Dark Place and it was

Both light and dark :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Down the street… Mango IPA from Barrelhouse Brewery in Paso Robles. I wanna do a mashup with Fog Crusher. The Fog crushed it :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I love flights…best way to try a lot of different beers without paying the penalty the next AM.

2 Likes

Ka pai indeed!

4 Likes

Still on the hunt for the best Mexican cerveza…

5 Likes

A Mexican IPA??? How was it?

I liked it, citrus and tropical fruits (mango overall) notes but very well balanced.

I found several IPAs from MEX breweries and so fare they’ve been almost all nice to drink.
Common aspect is that it seems they all favour drinkability over excessive heaviness in taste.

2 Likes

Beer for Commoners from Off Color Brewing in Chicago. A strong Belgian flavor to this one, despite the low ABV. Quite good and I’m enjoying it more as I drink it.

Done in partnership with the Field Museum. Read about this beer and the companion Beer for Kings here:

http://www.offcolorbrewing.com/current-beer#/beer-for-commoners/

4 Likes